Sign in to follow this  
49erurtaza

Trent brown traded to Patriots

Late round 3rd but I'll take it. We're gonna be busy in the McVay draft room today

6 minutes ago, JerseyNiner said:

I’d almost throw Hernandez and josh Jackson in there too 

I think I'd pass on both. Josh Jackson doesn't fit our scheme at all. He's strictly zone coverage and struggles quite a bit in man. He'd be a bust for us. Hernandez is interesting, but I don't know much about his movement skills and zone blocking.

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

We have 4 picks tonight going to be a better day then yesterday hopefully lol

Yesterday doesn't seem too bad after this trade though. Makes more sense now. 

Have to end up with one of top corners remaining and get a stud WR like Miller or Washington or Gallup.

Get the best pass rusher available and an interior OL if we don't trade one of the picks. 

2 minutes ago, SoCalNiner said:

#95 seems more likely. Pick value seems lower this draft. 

Lower in the 1st round for sure (outside of the insane trade-ups for Allen and Davenport...woof), but definitely not lower on day 2. This is widely considered to be a very deep class, with excellent day 2 values but a mediocre top-end. The perceived value of day 2 picks is probably why the trade market in the 1st round was depressed...teams value 2nd/3rd rounders a lot this year, and weren't willing to peddle them for small trade-ups in the 1st like they do in most years.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

Lower in the 1st round for sure (outside of the insane trade-ups for Allen and Davenport...woof), but definitely not lower on day 2. This is widely considered to be a very deep class, with excellent day 2 values but a mediocre top-end. The perceived value of day 2 picks is probably why the trade market in the 1st round was depressed...teams value 2nd/3rd rounders a lot this year, and weren't willing to peddle them for small trade-ups in the 1st like they do in most years.

That's true. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yesterday doesn't seem too bad after this trade though. Makes more sense now. 

Depends on who we'll get, happy that Lynch was able to trade him relatively quickly and got a better pick in this draft though.

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think I'd pass on both. Josh Jackson doesn't fit our scheme at all. He's strictly zone coverage and struggles quite a bit in man. He'd be a bust for us. Hernandez is interesting, but I don't know much about his movement skills and zone blocking.

Yeah I want Corbett fits perfectly

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Have to end up with one of top corners remaining and get a stud WR like Miller or Washington or Gallup.

I want Dante Pettis. He's a guy that can separate, is excellent at gaining yards after the catch, and he's a great punt returner.

Everyone needs to keep in mind - we said we had 30 first round grades. Assuming none are QBs, that means a few have to be there, and there's a good chance it's even more than that. If you have one or two of those considered a mid-1st, you've got to want to go get him.

1 minute ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

I want Dante Pettis. He's a guy that can separate, is excellent at gaining yards after the catch, and he's a great punt returner.

I'm good with him as well. He does separate well and Shanny probably loves that about him. Good call on him being such a great punt returner. Something we need to upgrade on. 

3 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Everyone needs to keep in mind - we said we had 30 first round grades. Assuming none are QBs, that means a few have to be there, and there's a good chance it's even more than that. If you have one or two of those considered a mid-1st, you've got to want to go get him.

Oliver had to have a first round grade for this scheme. I would chew on my left ear otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm good with him as well. He does separate well and Shanny probably loves that about him. Good call on him being such a great punt returner. Something we need to upgrade on. 

I'm very happy with Taylor there. I need a KR

8 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

4 of them were quarterbacks just fyi. I believe the MM tweeted that out. 

5 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I'm very happy with Taylor there. I need a KR

Sure, Taylor is a fine punt returner but definitely need a kick returner. We had high hopes for Boldin but he didn't do much before getting hurt.

But Pettis should be able to do both well. At the very least will be a damn good STs performer. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sure, Taylor is a fine punt returner but definitely need a kick returner. We had high hopes for Boldin but he didn't do much before getting hurt.

But Pettis should be able to do both well. At the very least will be a damn good STs performer. 

Yeah, I'm not saying I wouldn't like Pettis. Just that I don't think we NEED to improve the PR spot. If Pettis is here, he will. But that's a bonus.