Trent brown traded to Patriots

49erurtaza

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Why do our coaches hate brown? I must be out of the loop. He's not great or anything but you'd think we have bigger priorities.

Work ethic and being a bad fit for our system mostly. Our run game really needs athletic tackles and Brown is far from that.

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

Everyone needs to keep in mind - we said we had 30 first round grades. Assuming none are QBs, that means a few have to be there, and there's a good chance it's even more than that. If you have one or two of those considered a mid-1st, you've got to want to go get him.

And then there's guys like the older edmunds brother and penny who were overdrafted so there are certainly a few players with first round grades on them. 

My gut says one of them is not Landry. 

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep. 70/74/95. 

I really think it's likely that 95 is gone before the end of the day. I don't know how high we move up, but I feel a package of 59/95 to get somewhere in the second round is coming. 

Just now, Forge said:

I really think it's likely that 95 is gone before the end of the day. I don't know how high we move up, but I feel a package of 59/95 to get somewhere in the second round is coming. 

I'm still expecting sending the 70th pick for a 2019 2nd rounder. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

59 + 95 gets us to 46 in trade value

4 minutes ago, the-catch said:

Hmmmm may be enough to land us Landry, James Daniels, or Oliver.

If we want Landry or Daniels or Oliver I think we need to get to 35ish would only cost us 59+70. I'm also ok with sitting and waiting to see who does drop into late 40s it'll be a good player.

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

If we want Landry or Daniels or Oliver I think we need to get to 35ish would only cost us 59+70. I'm also ok with sitting and waiting to see who does drop into late 40s it'll be a good player.

I'd wait on Oliver until he or Josh Jackson goes. I'm not making a move prior to that. 

Daniels? I love the guy as a prospect, have a hard time envisioning us going after him at this point. Landry is an interesting case, because we are now at a point where even I am on board with that. But we could also be one of the teams that flagged him. If we want him, I have no problem making that move whenever because at this point, I think there's a clear difference in Landry and any other edge rusher in this draft. 

Archived