• Guice and Williams
    • Guice and Hurst
    • Hurst and Williams
    • Hurst and Landry
    • Sutton and Landry
    • Sutton and Hurst
    • Sutton and Guice
    • Nothing. He blew it. It is over. Browns are doomed

I love Sutton's tape but have been spooked a bit about all the speed talk. I actually see him potentially being Brandon Marshall on the field but needed someone (thx @Mind Character for being the calm voice of reason, as you are known for) to talk me off the ledge a bit.

Assuming we aren't going for another corner or to grab James Daniels if we're going center, there are three guys for me, so I want to of them:

33. Landry (as long as medical checks out)

34. Guice (as long as no serious character risk we don't know about)

35. Sutton

I put Sutton last because the wide receiver depth later is very good while Guice (though I do love me some Chubb) is cream of the running back crop. I see all the decent pass rushers gone by mid second round.

Landry is exactly what we need, a third guy who can come in and bend the edge.

Dorsey didn’t mess anything up in my eyes yet.  I have my preferences, but he’ll be evaluated based on how these guys play, not how cool the list of draftees look on draft day.

Im underwhelmed from an asset perspective, but the players and positions they play and the relative value there is good.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Dorsey didn’t mess anything up in my eyes yet.  I have my preferences, but he’ll be evaluated based on how these guys play, not how cool the list of draftees look on draft day.

Im underwhelmed from an asset perspective, but the players and positions they play and the relative value there is good.

I tend to agree as well from the asset perspective. That said, if Baker and Denzel both end up being the best at their position from this draft class, I would give this round an A+.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Of course if he flips one of these seconds for a 2019 first and 2018 late 3rd/early 4th, he’ll be on my good side.

Fify. Don't sell yourself short.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Most reasonable post from an underwhelmed poster yet! Glad you feel this way instead of, "WWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Still kinda want Josh Jackson. I know we have 16 cornerbacks, but a long-term duo of Jackson on the big WR's and Ward on the shifty ones would make my genitals dense.

I feel the same way. The ward is the best corner in the draft, Josh Jackson is my favorite Corner in the draft. I would absolutely love to have both. That said, it probably doesn't make any sense to grab another Corner, as Howard Wilson is worth a look alongside EJ Gaines and TJ Carrie. Okay, who am I kidding? Let's get Jackson.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

I tend to agree as well from the asset perspective. That said, if Baker and Denzel both end up being the best at their position from this draft class, I would give this round an A+.

Absolutely.  Statistically the odds of that happening aren’t great though.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

Fify. Don't sell yourself short.

Ty sir.

49 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I would be really happy with Josh Jackson. Think it’s a longshot though with other needs and the concentration they put into CB in FA. Think they’re done at CB until day 3. 

I’d argue they added some capable guys in free agency, but no real long term, starter quality players.

I think CB should definitely be in play if they think one of these guys is starter quality.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Of course if he flips one of these seconds for a 2019 first he’ll be on my good side.

To quote Charles Barkley... turrible.  This draft is loaded.  Chances are it would be a lower round one next year.  If it were 33 or 35 you would likely get a lesser player with the pick next year and you would wait a year to get them.

Archived