• Guice and Hurst
    • Hurst and Williams
    • Hurst and Landry
    • Sutton and Landry
    • Sutton and Hurst
    • Sutton and Guice
    • Nothing. He blew it. It is over. Browns are doomed

8 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

To quote Charles Barkley... turrible.  This draft is loaded.  Chances are it would be a lower round one next year.  If it were 33 or 35 you would likely get a lesser player with the pick next year and you would wait a year to get them.

wrong-gif.gif

I'm singing a pretty happy tune, so make me sing an even happier one we could grab Guice and Sutton (would also take Landry or Josh Jackson as second options). Mayfield has just as good of a shot to succeed as Darnold or Rosen (in a vacuum, anyway, I hope our nincompoop HC doesn't ruin him). If Ward turns into a lockdown, pro-bowl CB for us, who cares that we took him at #4. You've got to give guys a chance to prove themselves, even if you didn't get one of your favorites. I can't believe I'm the one trying to talk Browns fans off the ledge when I'm usually the one the fire department is positioning the net under.

I agree we want a 2019 first if it is an option. 

I’d like either Guice or Chubb and a wr or a dt that can penetrate on passing downs. 

Dont want another de yet I would love a speed rusher at 64 or lower a o e trick pony type that can ruin 7 step drops

ok lets play second guess

sign cousins 200 million

1barkley

4 chubb

round 2 landry

oliver

3 settle dl lsu

my team verses yours

cousins qb

barkley rb

gordon wr

coleman

defense chubb

garrett

ogbah

oliver

shelton

have at it

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

excluding Sammy D, how?

Mostly the QB. I put so much value on that position over any and everything else so if I think we picked a guy who won’t make it, that’s an instant overall botch right there.

The Ward pick is ok but I think we squandered value there a bit. Corbett will probably be good if he’s the Bitonio clone they say he is, but unsure about the position we intend to play him at and if he ends up being a backup or a jack of all trades OL, it’s a reach. Not the biggest fan of Chubb and preferred other backs/players that were available but I don’t mind that pick. Chad Thomas, meh.

Overall we could’ve hit this draft out of the park with the premium picks we had. In my opinion, we didn’t. And messed up at the most important position.

51 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Mostly the QB. I put so much value on that position over any and everything else so if I think we picked a guy who won’t make it, that’s an instant overall botch right there.

The Ward pick is ok but I think we squandered value there a bit. Corbett will probably be good if he’s the Bitonio clone they say he is, but unsure about the position we intend to play him at and if he ends up being a backup or a jack of all trades OL, it’s a reach. Not the biggest fan of Chubb and preferred other backs/players that were available but I don’t mind that pick. Chad Thomas, meh.

Overall we could’ve hit this draft out of the park with the premium picks we had. In my opinion, we didn’t. And messed up at the most important position.

The QB is the most sure pick we have.  Ward is ok but would not have been my choice. Same with both picks in round 2.  Pick 67, now that one I could classify as botched possibly.  He may not even make the roster.  I do believe that we could have done better as a whole, but it’s not horrible.  The only QB that could have been better given current information is Allen.

To me, Allen and Mayfield was a toss up if we had to choose a round 1 QB.  I would have been happy with either.

what really concerns me is the Steelers getting Mason Rudolph.  I mentioned several times before and even mocked it here that we could forego a round 1 QB and get Rudolph in round 2.  I believe he landed in the ideal spot and when Ben is finished he will have learned enough so that they won’t miss a beat.

Archived