49ers Trent Brown traded to Patriots

49erurtaza

9 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Could he play left tackle? Cannon has played left tackle, but he’s really been very good once made a full time left tackle. 

He played very briefly there last year when Staley went out with his eye injury. He played fine there, but I Think it was only a single game, and he's never played there at any other point with the 49ers other than that. 

42 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

Why'd they trade a 25 y/o stud tackle? I've never heard of him. But what's his problem? 

1. Just not able to get in space like Shanny needs for his tackles to do so in the run game.

2. Shanny questioned his toughness for not playing through a shoulder injury mid to late season.

3. Supposedly shows up to camp out of shape and doesn't have the best work ethic.

Saying all that, when the regular season comes along, he's in good enough shape and is a damn good pass protector. Could block any kind of pass rusher, though a speed rusher may get by him here and there. Inconsistent run blocker in both the power and ZBS. The Patriots aren't going to ask him to get in space and block though so he should be fine there. And LIS, his pass blocking is superb and I'm sure Brady will like that. 

32 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Could he play left tackle? Cannon has played left tackle, but he’s really been very good once made a full time right tackle. 

Edited typo

Yes, I don't see why Brown couldn't play LT. When he has played there in preseason or in limited regular season action, he's been pretty much the same player he was at RT. I'd keep Cannon at RT and move Brown to LT.

So does this mean Wynn isn't playing tackle as folks were mentioning yesterday? Either way, fair to say the OL will be A okay next season. 

36 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Could he play left tackle? Cannon has played left tackle, but he’s really been very good once made a full time right tackle. 

Edited typo

Yes. Left Tackle is where he should be playing.

59 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

New England continues to school other franchises with savvy moves like this.

Whoa...hold up, there. Brown has elite talent at one aspect of being a tackle (pass protection), but he's a poor run blocker who is in the last year of his contract, coming off an injury, and has both weight and motivation concerns. New England got a great deal here if Brown shows up to camp fit, healthy, and motivated, but there's an equally good chance that Belichick will hate him, and he'll be in the doghouse before training camp is over. Brown is far from a sure thing, and day two picks this year are unusually valuable.

As far as I can tell, it's a fair deal for both teams. Pats gave up some valuable draft capital to take a swing at a high risk/reward player.

Just now, Ronnie's Pinky said:

Whoa...hold up, there. Brown has elite talent at one aspect of being a tackle (pass protection), but he's a poor run blocker who is in the last year of his contract, coming off an injury, and has both weight and motivation concerns. New England got a great deal here if Brown shows up to camp fit, healthy, and motivated, but there's an equally good chance that Belichick will hate him, and he'll be in the doghouse before training camp is over. Brown is far from a sure thing, and day two picks this year are unusually valuable.

As far as I can tell, it's a fair deal for both teams. Pats gave up some valuable draft capital to take a swing at a high risk/reward player.

The only complaint that I have, and J brought this up, is that we always hear about his conditioning issues, but like J said, by the time the season starts, he's always there, in good enough shape, and does what he does very well. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The only complaint that I have, and J brought this up, is that we always hear about his conditioning issues, but like J said, by the time the season starts, he's always there, in good enough shape, and does what he does very well. 

We shall see. Coming off an injury makes it more likely that he's a gastropod once camp starts, and we know Belichick is gonna run his @ss up that hill.

He'll either sink or swim.

Just now, Ronnie's Pinky said:

We shall see. Coming off an injury makes it more likely that he's a gastropod once camp starts, and we know Belichick is gonna run his @ss up that hill.

He'll either sink or swim.

Oh for sure...I can't imagine that a guy with conditioning problems in the past is going to be in great shape when he's injured. He's probably worse off than he's been in the past. That's definitely going to exacerbate his conditioning issues as is. 

58 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

He's been rumored to push 400lbs in the last couple offseasons, you best get this boy on the TB12 diet plan. 

I’m guessing Orlando Brown is off the draft board now for the Pats.  

Glad SF got something with only 1 year left and McGlinchey in the fold.   Also delighted the SF-DEN deal with 2.40 was pure bunk lol.   

1 hour ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Edited typo

If he’s 400+ lbs he could play half the line.   Just not well.  

Archived