Jaguars Draft Day Two Thread

.Buzz

34 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

man, the depth in this draft

Yeah.  Kinda short on the bluechip guys yesterday...but Day 2 looks meaty as heck.  We might very well have options on the board with our late 2nd, that people would've been okay with at 29.

Going to be interesting to see what happens with the "second tier" QBs today, and whether we end up in that market.  A handful of OLinemen i'd be thrilled with, and some more that would be acceptable.  All the TEs i like are still there, along with most of the WRs.  Obviously a lot of them will be gone by the time our pick rolls around, but it's promising.

26 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

TWigg just dropped Bates name on 1010. That's interesting...

The Wake Forest Safety?

He has a girls name.  Do not want.

But actually, what?  Are they thinking he'd basically be a big nickel for us?  Or just more prepping for next year's cap crunch by getting a guy in there developing?

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

The Wake Forest Safety?

He has a girls name.  Do not want.

But actually, what?  Are they thinking he'd basically be a big nickel for us?  Or just more prepping for next year's cap crunch by getting a guy in there developing?

Thinking the latter, but I'm guessing he'll get the somewhere of he we're the guy.

There was some some smoke around Reid and us too at 29. So it's possible...maybe?

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Thinking the latter, but I'm guessing he'll get the somewhere of he we're the guy.

There was some some smoke around Reid and us too at 29. So it's possible...maybe?

I do love me some Justin Reid.  Guy absolutely flies around.  He'll be gone by our next pick for sure though.

Grabbing a backup safety seems like it'd be a bit too casual about this season.  I can handle Taven with 29 as starting to prep for the future, while still having a chance to contribute now.  But like i've said before, and @Speedyg was kinda hinting at in the other thread...this team needs to strike while the iron is hot, and really try to capitalize on this window we're in with our defense and RB right now.  Which to me, would look more like...bolstering our offense a bit somehow.  With say an OLine, Pass Catcher, or heck...even some RB insurance, or a QB who might be able to take over and not completely suck if Bortles goes down/sucks immeasurably.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

A different WR then we've listed. Love that size.

I think the "size" with Equanimeous is kind of a mirage.  Doesn't play to it with any regularity that i've seen.  Seems more "tall" than "big" in build too.

Jefferson and Thomas are two of my absolute favourite targets though.  That'd be swell.

yeah st brown really doesn't play up to that. I'm not sure he's that bad, but that's near Reggie Williams level of ball skills lol.

He can run though. 

I'm actually now kinda warming up to Goedert at 61 if he lasts that long

Archived