Draft Day Two & Three - Discussion (Rounds 2-7)

dhunt2402

27 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

BRAXTON BERRIOS

And rumors are they were targeting Frank Ragnow. As I said, Wynn is a fine Plan B, but I thought Ragnow was their guy.

Clearly wanted that QB like you were calling. Must be Brady's last year.

Of course they drafted Berrios.

20 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Clearly wanted that QB like you were calling. Must be Brady's last year.

Of course they drafted Berrios.

I was wrong. Thought it was a given they would try to get Mason Rudolph. Appenently they think Danny Etling is better value in the 6th than Rudolph was before he was drafted. I think the Steelers got a great project QB for the future. It would be harder to hate the Steelers when Rudolph is the QB and Roethlisberger is gone.

Still, I thought the Pats would target left guard in the first and they did. Ragnow may have been the guy but Wynn who they got instead. A couple of us thought Berrios was a sure thing and we were right about that. I had Duke Dawson in one of my mocks. A lot of us liked Michel before the draft. I thought they would consider RB at 31 with Kerryon Johnson but I mocked him in the second round at 63 initially then 43. Right position, wrong guy. Detroit got Ragnow and Johnson in trade ups around where I thought they'd be picked. Only one I was dead wrong about was Mason Rudolph who I think is a first round caliber QB and think has a great chance to be the beat QB from this draft. Sam Darnold is in a good situation with NYJ for now and is probably better suited to start his rookie year. Rosen and Mayfield I think will be starting in 2018 but I'm not a fan of either long term. Lamar Jackson is probably going to do some things but I don't think he is a great QB prospect as exciting as he is. Mike White could be a starter for the Cowboys eventually and he impressed me but he stikes me as a bridge QB to NFL teams. I still like Rudolph the most.

Just now, mission27 said:

Awful... Hoyer... So yes?

when was the last time you watched lsu and thought to yourself "this qb could be on a preseason roster"

yes, before you say zach mettenberger, remember, you're saying zach mettenberger 

The fact they waited this long for an uninspiring quarterback is a sign that Brady's going to be here for a few more years. I'd much rather be assured Brady's sticking around than needing his successor.

Fun fact: Luke Falk was pick #199.

I think people are hyping up Falk a bit too much: it's far more likely he ends up being a career backup or out of the league in a few years rather than being Brady's successor. As I've said before, the fact they waited this long for a QB is a good sign; we are Super Bowl contenders as long as we have Brady/Belichick.

Boring draft overall, but I was expecting that. Got some reinforcements on the offensive line, something I'd never complain about. Michel means either Hill or Gillislee gets cut. Not big on Dawson due to our history with second round CBs.

12 minutes ago, Starless said:

A total snoozer of a draft class. I know this is the type of class that, in the past, has yielded the best results for this team. But unlike past years, I still feel like this team has big, glaring holes up and down the roster.

We addressed some of the biggest ones tbh... 

Only thing we didn't spend a bunch of picks on was D-Line but we've got pieces there.  It was more the second level tht was the issue tbh.

Archived