Draft Day 2

Louis Friend

18 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm all for grabbing quality DBs. We passed up Josh Jackson, Donte Jackson, Justin Reid to move up for Kerryon Johnson. Now we reach for Walker while passing up quality DL. 

I didn’t like trading up for a RB but he is the RB I thought they would target. They showed interest throughout the process.

I would’ve preferred defence in the second and third. Waiting for a RB in round 4. Of course now they only have two picks left.

That said....I’m a fan of the team and no expert.?‍♂️

I loved the first pick.

Of the top RB’s available I liked Guice but i have to acknowledge I have no information except what I read. There were far to many RB’s taken ahead of him and it’s my belief they really liked Johnson. So, given the resources, I have to trust the,.

i will never object to adding to the secondary. The way the draft fell, and the players they drafted, the guys I liked were gone so again 8 have to trust them.

I’m most upset about no 4th or 5th.

So, they wanted to fix the running game. They took a top level OC/OG and then drafted their running back. We shall see if those are the right two guys this fall. They did what they said they’d do. So I’m not surprised.

We hash this stuff out every year but I always try to remember rankings are just lists. They don’t compare to team rankings. So we really don’t know if it’s actually a reach.

13 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I didn’t like trading up for a RB but he is the RB I thought they would target. They showed interest throughout the process.

I would’ve preferred defence in the second and third. Waiting for a RB in round 4. Of course now they only have two picks left.

That said....I’m a fan of the team and no expert.?‍♂️

I loved the first pick.

Of the top RB’s available I liked Guice but i have to acknowledge I have no information except what I read. There were far to many RB’s taken ahead of him and it’s my belief they really liked Johnson. So, given the resources, I have to trust the,.

i will never object to adding to the secondary. The way the draft fell, and the players they drafted, the guys I liked were gone so again 8 have to trust them.

I’m most upset about no 4th or 5th.

So, they wanted to fix the running game. They took a top level OC/OG and then drafted their running back. We shall see if those are the right two guys this fall. They did what they said they’d do. So I’m not surprised.

We hash this stuff out every year but I always try to remember rankings are just lists. They don’t compare to team rankings. So we really don’t know if it’s actually a reach.

I've agreed with Quinn's first two drafts. I might have disagreed on specific players, but agreed with value of picks and direction of team. This draft has been crap. Not only from the perspective of the players he chose, but where he chose them, what he gave up to choose them and who was left on the board of better value at those picks. We've also ignored the biggest need he stated we needed to address going into the draft, and came away with less picks when he stated the directive was to add draft capital. 

Archived