Draft Day 2

Louis Friend

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

What do you guys think of Kalen Ballage or Bo Scarborough in the 4th/5th? Assuming guys like Chubb, Guice, Johnson are not there for us. I like the size of Ballage.. has some comparisons to Demarco Murray/Rashad Jennings. Scarborough is Derrick Henry-lite. They are going to be primary/workhorse guys but could offer up some good things in a rotation.

I'd be okay with Scarbrough day 3. 

12 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

What's your take on Ballage?

I think he has decent vision and deceptive burst. He's more athletic than people give him credit for. I think he's a back similar in talent to Freeman/Johnson and is a solid 4th/5th rd pick. 

Just now, Louis Friend said:

I think he has decent vision and deceptive burst. He's more athletic than people give him credit for. I think he's a back similar in talent to Freeman/Johnson and is a solid 4th/5th rd pick. 

Why Scarborough>Ballage? Just curious on what your thought process is.

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Why Scarborough>Ballage? Just curious on what your thought process is.

I never said I had Scarbrough rated higher than Ballage. I think they are both day 3 talents and wouldn't mind either. I don't think either are difference makers but are solid talents. I don't believe they fix the run game however. I only rated 5 guys as difference makers at RB and only two are left and I doubt either will be available to us, which is why I  am down on the Ragnow pick. I think there will better talent available at OL tonight than at RB. 

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I'd be okay with Scarbrough day 3. 

I'd hate it. If we don't land Guice, Chubb, jones in the 2nd or Johnson or freeman in the 3rd I consider this draft a bust. I said at the beginning there are only 8 RBs I'm interested in and if we don't land one I consider the draft a failure. Now if we land Landry I would feel a lot better about he draft but we need that stud RB in my mind. 

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

I'd hate it. If we don't land Guice, Chubb, jones in the 2nd or Johnson or freeman in the 3rd I consider this draft a bust. I said at the beginning there are only 8 RBs I'm interested in and if we don't land one I consider the draft a failure. Now if we land Landry I would feel a lot better about he draft but we need that stud RB in my mind. 

I only had 5 RBs graded as difference makers. Guice and Chubb are left of that list. The rest are just cheap depth at this point. I wouldnt take any others tonight. Day 3, you just take talent.

I do like Jaylen Samuels as a gadget player who can move around between RB/WR/TE and could replace Riddick for less than 1/4 the price. Again, I don't consider that an answer to our run game woes. 

Draft continues in 30 minutes. I have a 70 man big board for tonight. 30 offensive players, 40 defensive players. Only 5 of the offensive players are guys I would want for the Lions. If we could get one of RB Derrius Guice, RB Nick Chubb, DE Harold Landry, DT Maurice Hurst, S Justin Reid, CB Josh Jackson, CB Isaiah Oliver, CB Donte Jackson, DE Lorenzo Carter, DT Rasheem Green, DT Tim Settle in the 2nd rd, I'll be happy. We pick 19th tonight. Can we get one of these 11 guys to drop?

Who will be Quinn's surprise pick tonight? 

2 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Speculation is Guice is projected to continue to fall do to off the field issues. 

These "off the field" and "character" rumors started after he told the media about a team asking him inappropriate questions at the combine. You won't find one bad thing said about him at any level. I've been following this kid for a long time. 

If it drops him to #51 I'd be thrilled. 

10 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

These "off the field" and "character" rumors started after he told the media about a team asking him inappropriate questions at the combine. You won't find one bad thing said about him at any level. I've been following this kid for a long time. 

If it drops him to #51 I'd be thrilled. 

This would be very exciting if it happened. 

Archived