Rounds 2-3

Johnny Nix

I'm on board with Landry and Hurst.  Is Hurst going to continue to slide from the medical though?  Reports that he may be a day 3 guy.  I like the Stanford guys as well, Phillips and Reid. I like Lorenzo Carter as an Edge guy.  Like Josh Jackson even thought I don't want a CB this early.  Orlando Brown, Rankin, Jamarco Jones, Hernandez, Daniels, all guys to consider.  I think Harrison is a likely pick as well, odds on favorite in round 2 I'd guess.  

Just now, johndeere1707 said:

So reports are saying Hurst could be a late day 3 pick?

That report was floating around before round 1.  Medicals and a sub-par pro day workout for an undersized DT, are scaring teams.  They should just trust the film.

You think they would have learned after Grady Jarrett and Geno Atkins went as low as they did...

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

That report was floating around before round 1.  Medicals and a sub-par pro day workout for an undersized DT, are scaring teams.  They should just trust the film.

You think they would have learned after Grady Jarrett and Geno Atkins went as low as they did...

Just means we might be able to get him lower 

If your looking at the BPA, then its Joshua Jackson. But the Bengals shouldn't be drafting a CB this early. If your looking for the biggest need, the OL still needs some work and Will Hernandez would be a dream pick, if he somehow falls that far. If I'm looking at a need plus good value pick, then Dallas Goedert would be a nice pick. I'f im picking the most realistic pick, then I'll say Connor Williams or Orlando Brown, because both guys were considered early choices for the Bengals 2 months ago when they still had the 12th pick, so it would be fitting to get one of them in the 2nd round. The sleeper pick for me is Courtland Sutton, even though I don't want a WR, it wouldn't shock me.

Guys I don't want in the 2nd round is anybody that can play QB, dl or DB. Those positions are needed more for depth, where as positions such as the OL, LB, and TE have starters with questions. Once the 3rd round starts, then you have to start looking at BPA over the Needs, unless the need on a team outweights a value position they can afford to skip on.

2 hours ago, MrCincinnati said:

But the Bengals shouldn't be drafting a CB this early.

I'm not against it.  Not a fan of Kirkpatrick and Dennard might be gone after this season.  So it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if a top corner is on the board when we pick.  Not my preference but I can live with it.

40 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'd like Mike Gesicki, Orlando Brown, and Shaquem Griffin tonight. 

Gesicki is a healthier Eifert

Brown is a younger and healtier Andre Smith

Griffin is a good nickel LB/teamer

Wow, I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with sparky.  This I believe is a first...

3 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm hoping we can land a guy that can make Vinny Rey expendable.  Either a LB or Safety for our 3 safety sets.  Maybe even a bigger CB.

@johndeere1707 Aside from the guys you mentioned:

• Quinton Meeks
  • Harrison Philips
  • Genard Avery
  • Nathan Shepherd
  • Justin Reid
  • Malik Jefferson
  • Shaquem Griffin

One of the safeties in the second and then take Fred Warner and Genard Avery in the third. ??

Daniels gone, even though they probably werent going to draft him. Lots of OL players going off the board very early. If Connor Williams is at 47, they may just have to take another OL player, otherwise lots of those guys will just keep getting drafted.

Archived