49ers extend Tartt two years

49erurtaza

Took him a long time to get here, but this is absolutely to be expected and should have been done. 

Interesting to note the term though. You usually don't see many 2 year extensions in this sort of situation. I feel like we either overpaid for the shorter term, or we under paid him now and gave him a shot to get healthy, play like we think he can, and cash in for real in 2 years. 

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

I bet it has like 6-7 million grt 

Put this in perspective - even if he maxes out, he's still outside of the top 10 in safety salaries on an aav basis. I'm pretty happy with that deal. 

If he gets just the 13m, he's right around / outside the top 15. 

There was a lot of hype last year surrounding Eric Reid and how he would be pro bowler in this scheme. I wasn't completely sold on that because I thought Tartt would be the star, not Reid. I'm so excited to see Tartt start in this scheme for an entire year. I think he can be a big time play maker. 

I have to disagree with garafolo here, Da'ron Payne is the new best name in football. 

I have been a huge tartt fan since the first time I saw him lay the lumber. I remember when we drafted him in the second round and everyone was pissed lol turned out ok for us. Let's not forget that as we enter rounds 2-3 today. 

Also, I'm still hoping we bring back Eric Reid to play WILL and be the backup SS

Archived