49ers extend Tartt two years

49erurtaza

59 minutes ago, N4L said:

I have been a huge tartt fan since the first time I saw him lay the lumber. I remember when we drafted him in the second round and everyone was pissed lol turned out ok for us. Let's not forget that as we enter rounds 2-3 today. 

He was still well overdrafted. Nobody disliked the player (I had selected him in my mock that year). People disliked where he was selected. He was a mid-round guy that was always going to need a few years to develop. That's not someone you select with a 2nd round pick. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Took him a long time to get here, but this is absolutely to be expected and should have been done. 

Interesting to note the term though. You usually don't see many 2 year extensions in this sort of situation. I feel like we either overpaid for the shorter term, or we under paid him now and gave him a shot to get healthy, play like we think he can, and cash in for real in 2 years. 

Yeah, this may be what could be considered a bridge deal. A decent raise, but much smaller than what a long term deal might look like (I'm saying this before even reading to the end of the thread, so if the money is known, I might be in the wrong already). We still don't know what Tartt can do as a starter over a full season. Now we have more time to find out. 

4 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

He was still well overdrafted. Nobody disliked the player (I had selected him in my mock that year). People disliked where he was selected. He was a mid-round guy that was always going to need a few years to develop. That's not someone you select with a 2nd round pick. 

Lets just be glad that Baalke actually hit a pick and that this guy is hopefully going to become a probowl caliber player this year. 

As we overdraft someone else in the second round today. lol

Archived