Day 2 Draft Discussion Thread

Forge

Just now, Rich7sena said:

Welcome to the new Rotoworld order. Don't speak unless your take is hot.

It hilarious they complain about how narrow-minded some GM's and coaches are in the NFL. But they lash out at any team who goes against the "data". 

Just now, Crickett said:

He's a bigger physical corner.  Like Josh Jackson, he could have been a safety depending on which team drafted him. 

I think Carlton Davis is a better prospect but who knows. I like Oliver too but his run support is drawing teams away.

13 minutes ago, Xenos said:

No idea who  Uchenna Nwosu is. Any thoughts guys?

Nwosu is a quick-twitch, hyper-athletic ILB - but he's a curious case.   His best skills are pass rush and he's a really good tackler - and he's a see-it, chase-it guy that has the NFL tools to excel in that role.   On the downside, he often makes bad reads, and ironically, even though he's got great speed, he doesn't use it nearly enough.   He doesn't do well in traffic, he's a guy you need to just go chase the ball and have your DL keep him free.   He's projected to be able to rush off the edge too, but I don't know if that's what you guys were looking for.  That would be sick to have an ILB who can bring heat with Bosa/Ingram.   I would have thought you'd get a more cover-ready guy, though.  That's where he needs the most work IMO, although he's clearly got the skills to do it, it's not natural to him yet.

I have to admit, I get why he went, but he's going to need some time to really help IMO.   The tools are there, and when he is on, he can be a huge difference-maker.  His Bowl game vs. OSU, he was literally the guy keeping them in the game with huge stops and pressures on Barrett.     

I'd guess you guys will go DT in Rd3.   I'd think hard about doubling up again on ILB on Day 3, though, given how much improving that would help your near-elite D.

2 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Fantasy/analytics football writers are the worst.

You can hate the Barkley pick, but the Hernandez pick was a solid pick. 

I don't see how you can hate the Barkley pick because of the Hernandez pick.  If the Giants had drafted Mason Rudolph, that would be another story, but they got the top RB who was arguably the top player in the draft and then they got a road grader for him to run behind. 

2 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Fantasy/analytics football writers are the worst.

You can hate the Barkley pick, but the Hernandez pick was a solid pick. 

Lol. What is the justification for hating the Hernandez pick? Ive thankfully learned to tune out these social media draft gurus. I know whose evals I trust. 

6 minutes ago, game3525 said:

If the Pats loved Lamar as much as people were saying, they would have picked him at 23 or trade up to get ahead of the Ravens so they can get that fifth year option. Maybe they take Rudolph later tonight, but I think the whole QB to NE talk was overblown.

Pats were 100% smoke screen. They were taking him as much as Sean Payton was. Great offensive teams don't drop down to mediocre gadget type QB level. They leave that to teams like Baltimore.

Archived