Day 2 Draft Discussion Thread

Forge

Once again, no spoiling. Picks are free game to be discussed upon televised naming from Goodell. Thought we did a great job on this last night, so let's keep it up. 

For those wondering - we are trying to avoid crazy long threads, which is why we have a secondary post. This will make it easier for someone to catch up if they happen to join day 2 a little late and want to read what people are saying up to that point. As of this thread, the old thread will be locked. 

Just now, smokeybandit said:

How much emphasis does Dallas put at drafting a TE?

Personally, I think I have a better chance of getting a contributing wide receiver after round 2 than I do a contributing tight end, so honestly, I'd probably start at tight end and then go wide receiver later. There's going to be some talent there at wide receiver in the middle rounds. After Goedert and Gesicki, I don't like much of what's left with the tight ends. But I suppose it depends on how highly they have Sutton rated. 

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Chances of Gruden picking a Punter in rounds 2/3?

You guys can still make some moves and salvage this draft.  Your first pick was a reach, but he can still be a good piece on your o-line for the next decade.  You've just gotta keep the faith, brother.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

You guys can still make some moves and salvage this draft.  Your first pick was a reach, but he can still be a good piece on your o-line for the next decade.  You've just gotta keep the faith, brother.

Thanks for the words of encouragement man. I've stepped away from the edge and am at peace with the pick. That doesn't mean I am confident in the rest of the draft though haha. I'm so nervous. 

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah I agree his heart condition seems to have taken him off a ton of draft boards. Are we seeing him go tomorrow or late today?

I think he slips until the 4th, but I don't have any insight whatsoever. Just a gut feeling.

Archived