Day 2 Draft Discussion Thread

Forge

4 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm so confused how the Spider bite comes into play here.  But damn, rooting for the kid...

...spiders are venomous?  If his mother was already in bad shape with diabetes, I can see there being problems with also getting bit by a spider.

13 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm so confused how the Spider bite comes into play here.  But damn, rooting for the kid...

More often than not a “spider bite” is actually a MRSA injection which can cause sepsis in a heartbeat in a poorly controlled diabetic. 

Feel like I'm the only one on here who ever talks about equanimious st brown. Anyone think he goes round four tomorrow? He's an acrobatic possession receiver who can make big plays and has a decent ceiling. His biggest issue last season was terrible qb play (one of the worst nd qbs I've ever seen). I feel like it was definitely a mistake to enter the draft this year but he still has potential and can be a good sleeper pick and solid #2 for someone. 

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

Where's he gonna play? We already have Snead in the slot at $7M/year, and we have Hurst inline as our 1st rounder...this pick OR the Hurst pick makes no sense.

I think you've been misled about Snead's contract. It's $7 million over two years ($2 million cap hit this season $5 million next) with about $3 million in incentives.

50 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Feel like I'm the only one on here who ever talks about equanimious st brown. Anyone think he goes round four tomorrow? He's an acrobatic possession receiver who can make big plays and has a decent ceiling. His biggest issue last season was terrible qb play (one of the worst nd qbs I've ever seen). I feel like it was definitely a mistake to enter the draft this year but he still has potential and can be a good sleeper pick and solid #2 for someone. 

The Bills need as much receiver help as they can get. I hope they take a look at him tomorrow.

47 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

The one word to sum up KC’s full draft today.  You nailed it

No. There was too much coherence for it to be bleh.

They may be wrong, but they had a plan. They drafted an inside pass rusher, a NT and a LB/S hybrid. The hybrid in particular was missing last year. Before his injury, Berry filled the role. After, it was just gone, and the whole defense suffered. Note below how the picks focus on 3-4 positions. 

National Football Post comments:

46. Kansas City Chiefs: Breeland Speaks, DE. Ole Miss

One of few genuine base 3-4 end with impressive situational versatility. Can further beef up and set an edge, yes, but will be an active inside-outside presence for Kansas City. They reached a little to get their guy, but I really like this pick nonetheless.

75. Kansas City Chiefs: Derrick Nnadi, DT. Florida State

More mobile defensive line beef for the Chief Kingdom. He’s a pocket-pushing space-eater who anchors in the run game. One of the most underrated defenders in this class.

100. Kansas City Chiefs: Dorian O’Daniel, LB. Clemson

Hybrid safety/linebacker type who attacks the football on the ground or through the air. Very fluid when off-ball. O’Daniel suits the desired modern profile of the dime-linebacker.

J

Archived