Day 2 Draft Discussion Thread

Forge

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

7 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Really?

Did Waldman get the Chubbs mixed up?   Happened to PIT on Thursday with the Edmund brothers, it happens.  

(if it's not clear, yes, that's a joke, before Steeler & Browns fans get all salty)

49 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I mean, that take is a bit much for me and I like Chubb more than the consensus on here. I do like Waldman’s work though and trust his analysis.

I like Waldman as well, which makes this even more strange. That's just a bad evaluation. 

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

I mean, that take is a bit much for me and I like Chubb more than the consensus on here. I do like Waldman’s work though and trust his analysis.

21 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I like Waldman as well, which makes this even more strange. That's just a bad evaluation. 

I'm guessing that Chubb's 98th percentile SPARQ score, combined with his early college success at a young age, and his production, are what are driving Waldman's analysis.

I agree it's over-the-top...but it's Draft Weekend.   Over-the-top takes are par for the course. 

(I like Michel & Penny more in today's NFL, but I can't knock the love as a top 5 RB in this very deep class, he's right there with them....interesting to see how much Guice's view changes, the landing spot fits him well IRL - in fantasy, not so much with Thompson taking all the 3rd down work, but let's face it, that only matters to FFB owners).

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah I know that I was like really because he supposedly has a good track record 

12 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I can’t decide if Bears taking Daniels is a good pick or not. Whitehair is much better at center.

Well app apparently the Bears are going to start with Daniels at LG and Whitehair at center and let them work it out in camp.  Tbf to Whitehair, hes been a center since he started in the NFL due to injury and has been really good there. His time at LG has been very limited and only happened due to a Sitton injury, and when he was at LG, Grasu was playing center and awful.  Whitehair was asked to move around a ton last year, and i think he can be a probowl guard if allowed to just be there consistently.  I think Daniels can be a SPECIAL center.

9 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Well app apparently the Bears are going to start with Daniels at LG and Whitehair at center and let them work it out in camp.  Tbf to Whitehair, hes been a center since he started in the NFL due to injury and has been really good there. His time at LG has been very limited and only happened due to a Sitton injury, and when he was at LG, Grasu was playing center and awful.  Whitehair was asked to move around a ton last year, and i think he can be a probowl guard if allowed to just be there consistently.  I think Daniels can be a SPECIAL center.

If that is the case, I like this pick less. One of them will be playing out of position, and Whitehair is the more versatile player, so it should be him. Not playing Daniels at his natural C spot is a disservice to him and your team. Reminds me of when the Giants tried playing Richburg at G his rookie year and he struggled to be average. Next year he started at C at took off. 

48 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

If that is the case, I like this pick less. One of them will be playing out of position, and Whitehair is the more versatile player, so it should be him. Not playing Daniels at his natural C spot is a disservice to him and your team. Reminds me of when the Giants tried playing Richburg at G his rookie year and he struggled to be average. Next year he started at C at took off. 

Daniels also started off as a lg at iowa and even played a game at lt.  Ultimately i think by the end of camp Daniels is the starting center and whitehair is at lg but i think Daniels will acquit himself either way.  

17 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Daniels also started off as a lg at iowa and even played a game at lt.  Ultimately i think by the end of camp Daniels is the starting center and whitehair is at lg but i think Daniels will acquit himself either way.  

Yeah, to be fair I'm reminding myself how much zone the Bears run - so I think Daniels could do a job at left guard with that in mind. 

Archived