Who's worth trading up for in the second?

ROBOKOP

So the Packers pick at #13 in the second.  If a certain guy drops, do we trade up to get him?  How far?  What are your thoughts?  Hernandez? Landry? Josh Jackson?  Go after a WR before there is a run on receiver? One of these guys a difference maker or do we wait for best available?  

5 minutes ago, ROBOKOP said:

Speaking of which, what is the value of a next year first rounder?  Could we trade the 1st from N.O. for a late second this year? 

Last night Mike Mayock said on NFL network that GMs value future first rounds as having 2nd round value on draft day.  

3 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Only future 3rds.

Trade all the future 3rds. 

We can't draft anyone good in that round. 

I get the logic of patterns and trends but when I can't logically explain why they might exist I tend to think it's just coincidence. Can't deny r3 hasn't been good but I don't think that factors into anything. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Why in the actual hell would we do that? 

I'd do it but not for a late 2nd, would have to be one of the first few picks in round 2. Imagine we get Landry or Carter up there and still have our natural 2nd, it'd be like moving up from our natural 3rd to the high 2nd for our 14 to 18 trade down (plus all the late round swaps that are also upgrades). We could draft a stud CB in the first and a good pass rusher and receiver in the second.

If there's no clearcut target at the start of the second or if we are getting a mid-late 2nd I would not do it though.

Archived