Pick #33: Austin Corbett - OL, Nevada

ReggieCamp

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I believe he will plays LT as well. I think the browns are going to change the offensive schemes where the pocket moves. The QB sprints out and rolls out meaning less time that a tackle has to sit on a speed rush. He is also a stud run blocker, so they will hopefully run the ball a lot better. If they can have a stud running game. Running RPOs with Landry and Gordon could be deadly. Also add in a seam route by Njoku to open things up. Could be there ideal that they don’t need the truly traditional LT who can block for a 7 step drop for a majority of passing games. Maybe it’s why Joe retired that they told him they could survive without him because of their new plan. Now add in a QB like Tyrod and Baker who can scramble if a play breaks down  

just an idea

This is a really good post.

It would seem they are valuing movement skills and play style over girth at tackle, no doubt.  

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Well no shi... lmao the question is does he have what it takes to be a LT? I’m not sure he does. He struggles with speed rushers and the league is loading up on them.

Not if his play is any indication he doesn’t.

According to PFF he has only allowed 23 pressures the last two seasons....

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-hidden-gems-underrated-prospects-in-the-draft

... and “one of the best pass protecting LT in the nation.”

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-ranking-the-interior-ol-prospects-for-the-2018-nfl-draft

I’m not saying he’s a stud, but he’s certainly got a chance to be decent.  We’ll see.  

You guys ever hear of David Bakhtiari?

Let's lose our minds over a guy we've never seen play because he went to a small school and isn't of ideal size.

Calm down, children. If you want to cry about the draft now, you don't get to thump your chest if these guys end up becoming good players down the line. I seriously could have filled up an in-ground pool with the tears of sadness some of you people are producing this weekend.

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not if his play is any indication he doesn’t.

According to PFF he has only allowed 23 pressures the last two seasons....

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-hidden-gems-underrated-prospects-in-the-draft

... and “one of the best pass protecting LT in the nation.”

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-ranking-the-interior-ol-prospects-for-the-2018-nfl-draft

I’m not saying he’s a stud, but he’s certainly got a chance to be decent.  We’ll see.  

He played in a pretty weak conference. Just watch the film his footwork is slow. Pff also graded guys like shon Coleman and drango pretty highly and said they gave up a small amount of sacks.  Stats in college can be very skewed. 

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is a really good post.

It would seem they are valuing movement skills and play style over girth at tackle, no doubt.  

Seems like that’s why they took Baker and that they are building the ideal system around him. Cause what I described is what they did at Oklahoma. That offense was built around Baker perfectly. How Else can you explain how that offense was so good with so many new parts. it was a great scheme and it was around an even better QB. Baker pretty much lost all his skill talent from the year before and lost a HC but comes in and does amazing things. Takes his team one game away from a title shot cause his defense couldn’t show up. Dorsey was all about getting football players, he drafted the best football player. Like if we break down the moxy the attitude and the football IQ he is the ideal QB. I feel like he is going to be the QB, every opposing fan base is going to hate but is going to be loved so much by his own. He is going to be our Big Ben minus a the rape and size or our Rivers minus the size. Rivers is an arsehole on the field. 

22 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He played in a pretty weak conference. Just watch the film his footwork is slow. Pff also graded guys like shon Coleman and drango pretty highly and said they gave up a small amount of sacks.  Stats in college can be very skewed. 

Bit didn’t have the greatest feet coming out of Nevada. Hell they say Corbett was a better LT than Bit. Hell he replaced him lol. So if you or others think Bit can play LT than Corbett could as well

23 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Bit didn’t have the greatest feet coming out of Nevada. Hell they say Corbett was a better LT than Bit. Hell he replaced him lol. So if you or others think Bit can play LT than Corbett could as well

I don’t think bitonio can play LT

57 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I thought those guys played Ok last year tbh.

Kizer seemed to have time, we ran the ball at a nice average. 

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I thought those guys played Ok last year tbh.

Kizer seemed to have time, we ran the ball at a nice average. 

Same. I thought Coleman was fine at RT, and like I've said numerous times, I wanted to see how he'd play at LT this year. Drango is solid as a backup guard, but of course he was going to look bad at LT in comparison to Joe Thomas. He's just too slow to be a LT in the pros. As a guard, I think he's a nice backup to have.

Archived