Pick #33: Austin Corbett - OL, Nevada

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, Iamcanadian said:

It will be interesting for sure, but let's be real, it will remain a serious position problem till a solid LT is found in perhaps next year's draft!

Who is to say that we wont have a solid lt when the dust settles this year?  Lt is Coleman’s natural position, he could do well.  Bitinio played lt in college and was good there, and has now played beside of and learned from Thomas for a few years, he may slide over and do very well there.  It’s not like we have no one for it.

11 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I just wanna know why we paid Chris Hubbard so much

maybe we can get out of that contract easily?

run blocking Oline sounds good though...

I gotta read more about his senior bowl practices but I remember he did well 

I’m pretty every free agent the browns signed could be let go after their first year with no long term repercussions. Basically ball out or get out. Hubbard got paid cause he will be out starting RT. Corbett will prolly start some where on the left side or center. So who knows

I have no idea why people are assuming Corbett won't play LT. I don't there's any chance we drafted him to come in here and play freaking guard. He's got every LT quality other than length. And he's not super small or anything.--he's like an inch and a half shorter than the average LT.

25 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I have no idea why people are assuming Corbett won't play LT. I don't there's any chance we drafted him to come in here and play freaking guard. He's got every LT quality other than length. And he's not super small or anything.--he's like an inch and a half shorter than the average LT.

And to be honest arm length is nice and all but it is greatly over exaggerated as well as overall height.

Austin Corbett Arm Lenght 33 1/8"

Jake Matthews 33 3/8

Riley Reiff  33 1/4

Joe Thomas       32 7/8"

There are numerous other OTs that have arm lengths ranging from 33.5-34.5   Corbett will not have an issue there and 6'4 3/8 is not exactly midge status even for a LT

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

36 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

And to be honest arm length is nice and all but it is greatly over exaggerated as well as overall height.

Austin Corbett Arm Lenght 33 1/8"

Jake Matthews 33 3/8

Riley Reiff  33 1/4

Joe Thomas       32 7/8"

There are numerous other OTs that have arm lengths ranging from 33.5-34.5   Corbett will not have an issue there and 6'4 3/8 is not exactly midge status even for a LT

People are crazy with numbers...

Of course he’s lacking something physically compared to the ideal player, that’s why he went 33 as opposed to 3.

Long arms are great, but it’s not a deal breaker if the kid can play.

Lastly, just for kicks, take a look at your arm and ask yourself how much better you’d be at anything if it were 3 centimeters longer. (Metric for @Aztec Hammer, @Don Roshi, @Kiwibrown and @hornbybrown

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

People are crazy with numbers...

Of course he’s lacking something physically compared to the ideal player, that’s why he went 33 as opposed to 3.

Long arms are great, but it’s not a deal breaker if the kid can play.

Lastly, just for kicks, take a look at your arm and ask yourself how much better you’d be at anything if it were 3 centimeters longer. (Metric for @Aztec Hammer, @Don Roshi, @Kiwibrown and @hornbybrown

My cartwheels would be 3cm more awesome :(

19 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I also think there is a chance that we have him compete at LT, but also at LG.  What he lacks aside from arm length at LT is elite athleticism, which Bitonio has.  I think you could end up seeing Corbett at LG and Bitonio at LT.  Just a thought though

7 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

I also think there is a chance that we have him compete at LT, but also at LG.  What he lacks aside from arm length at LT is elite athleticism, which Bitonio has.  I think you could end up seeing Corbett at LG and Bitonio at LT.  Just a thought though

If we had plans of playing Bitonio at LT, we would have put him there last year. He's not moving. Corbett is our new LT.

8 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

And a very rational thought at that.

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

If we had plans of playing Bitonio at LT, we would have put him there last year. He's not moving. Corbett is our new LT.

The flaw in this logic is that last year you would have moved him mid season with zero prep time or reps at lt.  Drango had practiced some there all year.  He likely would not have done any better than drango given the circumstances and you would have downgraded the entire left side.

where as this year he can start taking reps there from day 1 and see how he responds, and we also have more players to take over lg if he does move.

Archived