Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ReggieCamp

Pick #33: Austin Corbett - OL, Nevada

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

yeah he will surprise us on how bad he is...

:DBrutal... I like it. Don't necessarily agree, but like it all the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I am fine with that, we have the cap space.  It will be worth every penny if an injury happens to either starter to have a competent guy to step in.

Agree 100% with this post, @DizzyDean is on a roll. This is 2 times I'm agreeing with you, I think the apocalypse might be coming lol. It's not my $ and it's a contract that can pretty easily gotten out of so I'm ok with that considering I'd like to keep whatever QB is starting upright as much as possible. With Joe retiring I think throwing some $ at the huge whole left by him can only help and it's not like you can carry all of that $ to next year (I think there is a limit to the amount that can be carried over but I'm not sure the exact $ amount) so I'm of the thinking who the heck cares how much they cost as long as the are viable depth and help the team win. If he works out, Great with a capital G. If not it's an easy fix imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2018 at 11:50 PM, buno67 said:

just for one season. Just about every contract signed this offseason by FAs have easy outs after their first season.

This is a really good point.  Hubbard was brought in to bring competition to the offensive line and make it better.  If Coleman pans out and Corbett can play RT, then great!  If Coleman pans out, Corbett looks like hes better on the interior (taking over for Tretter in a year) then okay!  We have Hubbard at RT.  We have a lot of options this year and can see what pans out for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

This is a really good point.  Hubbard was brought in to bring competition to the offensive line and make it better.  If Coleman pans out and Corbett can play RT, then great!  If Coleman pans out, Corbett looks like hes better on the interior (taking over for Tretter in a year) then okay!  We have Hubbard at RT.  We have a lot of options this year and can see what pans out for us.

Good look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this was a shot at getting a tackle so we can draft dl next year instead of a tackle.

this pick is like the calloway pick if it works you can get some where quickly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

I think this was a shot at getting a tackle so we can draft dl next year instead of a tackle.

this pick is like the calloway pick if it works you can get some where quickly

When I see your name I always think of the word magic mike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how are we working the line? I feel like there are two position for three linemen (Bitonio, Coleman, and Corbett). Is the strategy going to be to play Coleman at RT? Or is he going to be a rotational linemen?

I really like all three guys. We have done a good job stacking up on linemen. I just wonder what the strategy is going to look like heading into the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jking948 said:

So how are we working the line? I feel like there are two position for three linemen (Bitonio, Coleman, and Corbett). Is the strategy going to be to play Coleman at RT? Or is he going to be a rotational linemen?

I really like all three guys. We have done a good job stacking up on linemen. I just wonder what the strategy is going to look like heading into the season.

My preference, Zeitler is pretty much set.  I would like to see a competition at LT between Bitonio, Coleman, and Corbett.  If Bitonio or Corbett win that competition, then the other is our LG, and Coleman then competes with Hubbart for RT.

If Coleman wins the LT competition, Hubbard and Corbett compete for RT.  If Corbett wins that, Hubbard becomes our across the board super sub for the OLine, if Hubbard wins, then give Corbett a shot to compete at center with Tretter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

When I see your name I always think of the word magic mike. 

thats ok i think of the fruit when i here your name

how are you feeling about everything?I pretty much \like normal having gone from sitting on the fence to feeling a .little optimistic

some thing that nobody brings up this time next year we could know that we have 2 qbs that can play thanks to are wide receiving core

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

thats ok i think of the fruit when i here your name

how are you feeling about everything?I pretty much \like normal having gone from sitting on the fence to feeling a .little optimistic

some thing that nobody brings up this time next year we could know that we have 2 qbs that can play thanks to are wide receiving core

ha, we never call kiwifruit kiwi's here because our national animal is 


Image result for kiwi bird

Kiwi's are pretty useless and are basically walking free lunch for every predator. 

That said if we end up with two QB's in the 12-18 range then Im all hee he for that. 

If they are average, with out line and wr's they could put up top 5-8 numbers and play. 

I am more excited about our defense though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

ha, we never call kiwifruit kiwi's here because our national animal is 


Image result for kiwi bird

Kiwi's are pretty useless and are basically walking free lunch for every predator. 

That said if we end up with two QB's in the 12-18 range then Im all hee he for that. 

If they are average, with out line and wr's they could put up top 5-8 numbers and play. 

I am more excited about our defense though. 

to me if taylor ball out you could see this time next year being real interesting with teams that need a qb and did not get one in the draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jking948 said:

So how are we working the line? I feel like there are two position for three linemen (Bitonio, Coleman, and Corbett). Is the strategy going to be to play Coleman at RT? Or is he going to be a rotational linemen?

I really like all three guys. We have done a good job stacking up on linemen. I just wonder what the strategy is going to look like heading into the season.

I’d imagine the guards are set with Bitonio and Zeitler.

Hubbard and Coleman will be given the first shot at the tackle spots, Corbett will be worked in. If he beats them out, cool, if not, no worries.

Tretter is penciled in as the starter for now at center. If Corbett doesn’t work out at tackle, he’ll be moved to C most likely.

Nothing wrong with having six good, versatile lineman, especially when 2 are on rookie deals.  Hopefully no one gets hurt, but if they do we have a viable backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barring Tretter came in this off-season and got stronger, I think we need to move on from him this off-season. 

I think Corbett needs to work on being a C because we need a QB to be able to step up given our shakey tackle position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mtmmike said:

to me if taylor ball out you could see this time next year being real interesting with teams that need a qb and did not get one in the draft

If he wins 10 games for us we could get a first for him without contract from a qb needy team imo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

Barring Tretter came in this off-season and got stronger, I think we need to move on from him this off-season. 

I think Corbett needs to work on being a C because we need a QB to be able to step up given our shakey tackle position.

Yeah teeter was a disappointment from last year. 

I wouldn’t mind him being a back up at c and lt. 

I think he could handle average pass rushers and speed rushers. 

Tretter doesn’t have much bunch. He was coming back from injury this year perhaps he will be stronger this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×