Pick #33: Austin Corbett - OL, Nevada

ReggieCamp

12 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I am fine with that, we have the cap space.  It will be worth every penny if an injury happens to either starter to have a competent guy to step in.

Agree 100% with this post, @DizzyDean is on a roll. This is 2 times I'm agreeing with you, I think the apocalypse might be coming lol. It's not my $ and it's a contract that can pretty easily gotten out of so I'm ok with that considering I'd like to keep whatever QB is starting upright as much as possible. With Joe retiring I think throwing some $ at the huge whole left by him can only help and it's not like you can carry all of that $ to next year (I think there is a limit to the amount that can be carried over but I'm not sure the exact $ amount) so I'm of the thinking who the heck cares how much they cost as long as the are viable depth and help the team win. If he works out, Great with a capital G. If not it's an easy fix imo. 

On 5/5/2018 at 11:50 PM, buno67 said:

just for one season. Just about every contract signed this offseason by FAs have easy outs after their first season.

This is a really good point.  Hubbard was brought in to bring competition to the offensive line and make it better.  If Coleman pans out and Corbett can play RT, then great!  If Coleman pans out, Corbett looks like hes better on the interior (taking over for Tretter in a year) then okay!  We have Hubbard at RT.  We have a lot of options this year and can see what pans out for us.

49 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

This is a really good point.  Hubbard was brought in to bring competition to the offensive line and make it better.  If Coleman pans out and Corbett can play RT, then great!  If Coleman pans out, Corbett looks like hes better on the interior (taking over for Tretter in a year) then okay!  We have Hubbard at RT.  We have a lot of options this year and can see what pans out for us.

Good look at it.

11 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

I think this was a shot at getting a tackle so we can draft dl next year instead of a tackle.

this pick is like the calloway pick if it works you can get some where quickly

When I see your name I always think of the word magic mike. 

So how are we working the line? I feel like there are two position for three linemen (Bitonio, Coleman, and Corbett). Is the strategy going to be to play Coleman at RT? Or is he going to be a rotational linemen?

I really like all three guys. We have done a good job stacking up on linemen. I just wonder what the strategy is going to look like heading into the season.

30 minutes ago, jking948 said:

So how are we working the line? I feel like there are two position for three linemen (Bitonio, Coleman, and Corbett). Is the strategy going to be to play Coleman at RT? Or is he going to be a rotational linemen?

I really like all three guys. We have done a good job stacking up on linemen. I just wonder what the strategy is going to look like heading into the season.

My preference, Zeitler is pretty much set.  I would like to see a competition at LT between Bitonio, Coleman, and Corbett.  If Bitonio or Corbett win that competition, then the other is our LG, and Coleman then competes with Hubbart for RT.

If Coleman wins the LT competition, Hubbard and Corbett compete for RT.  If Corbett wins that, Hubbard becomes our across the board super sub for the OLine, if Hubbard wins, then give Corbett a shot to compete at center with Tretter.

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

When I see your name I always think of the word magic mike. 

thats ok i think of the fruit when i here your name

how are you feeling about everything?I pretty much \like normal having gone from sitting on the fence to feeling a .little optimistic

some thing that nobody brings up this time next year we could know that we have 2 qbs that can play thanks to are wide receiving core

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

thats ok i think of the fruit when i here your name

how are you feeling about everything?I pretty much \like normal having gone from sitting on the fence to feeling a .little optimistic

some thing that nobody brings up this time next year we could know that we have 2 qbs that can play thanks to are wide receiving core

ha, we never call kiwifruit kiwi's here because our national animal is 

Image result for kiwi bird

Kiwi's are pretty useless and are basically walking free lunch for every predator. 

That said if we end up with two QB's in the 12-18 range then Im all hee he for that. 

If they are average, with out line and wr's they could put up top 5-8 numbers and play. 

I am more excited about our defense though. 

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

ha, we never call kiwifruit kiwi's here because our national animal is 

Image result for kiwi bird

Kiwi's are pretty useless and are basically walking free lunch for every predator. 

That said if we end up with two QB's in the 12-18 range then Im all hee he for that. 

If they are average, with out line and wr's they could put up top 5-8 numbers and play. 

I am more excited about our defense though. 

to me if taylor ball out you could see this time next year being real interesting with teams that need a qb and did not get one in the draft

12 hours ago, jking948 said:

I’d imagine the guards are set with Bitonio and Zeitler.

Hubbard and Coleman will be given the first shot at the tackle spots, Corbett will be worked in. If he beats them out, cool, if not, no worries.

Tretter is penciled in as the starter for now at center. If Corbett doesn’t work out at tackle, he’ll be moved to C most likely.

Nothing wrong with having six good, versatile lineman, especially when 2 are on rookie deals.  Hopefully no one gets hurt, but if they do we have a viable backup.

Barring Tretter came in this off-season and got stronger, I think we need to move on from him this off-season. 

I think Corbett needs to work on being a C because we need a QB to be able to step up given our shakey tackle position.

16 hours ago, mtmmike said:

to me if taylor ball out you could see this time next year being real interesting with teams that need a qb and did not get one in the draft

If he wins 10 games for us we could get a first for him without contract from a qb needy team imo 

2 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

Barring Tretter came in this off-season and got stronger, I think we need to move on from him this off-season. 

I think Corbett needs to work on being a C because we need a QB to be able to step up given our shakey tackle position.

Yeah teeter was a disappointment from last year. 

I wouldn’t mind him being a back up at c and lt. 

I think he could handle average pass rushers and speed rushers. 

Tretter doesn’t have much bunch. He was coming back from injury this year perhaps he will be stronger this year.

Archived