Bucs draft RB Ronald Jones II - SIGNED

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, indifference said:

He has potential to develop into a 3 down back. I’ve seen him whiff in pass blocking and have seen him block the right guy. He’s still got room to grow as back I mean Jones just turned 21. I’m looking forward to teams finally respecting our toss and outside runs. Howard will be sealing the edge while Jones is hitting the corner for an easy 4-5 yards will be a thing of beaut. And with his running style he does not take big hits. Reminds me of Shady McCoy.

My first thought when we took him was that we have a new guy to run the toss. icon_lol.gif

But maybe it'll work more often now.

I don't hold against Jones for the inability to pass protect coming into the league, as 90% of RB's really struggle with this. I won't fault him for that.

I do however have concerns about vision/patience. He tends to leave a lot of yards on the table when he runs in the box. He's got to improve there. Also, I think he's got hands to catch the ball, but he needs reps. He's very inexperienced here and needs to refine that part of his game quickly to stay on the field.

I do worry about his frame. He's legit maxed out IMO. He tends to take some big hits too for a guy his size. The injury concern will always be there for me.

I'm more skeptical than others that he'll become a true 3 down back, but doesn't mean he can't be a legit play maker and focal point of an offense.

3 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

This is one of the weirdest stats i've seen...    5 yards before contact yea doubt that will happen much in the nfl.

There's a stat for the NFL like that. I think it's like most yards gained per rush after one yard without contact, or something like that. Just something different to look at and compare.

Shady McCoy leads the league in that stat, by the way. But quite a bit. He's at like six, where the next closest is considerably lower.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

There's a stat for the NFL like that. I think it's like most yards gained per rush after one yard without contact, or something like that. Just something different to look at and compare.

Shady McCoy leads the league in that stat, by the way. But quite a bit. He's at like six, where the next closest is considerably lower.

Makes sense for McCoy to lead that the dude is so shifty :).    Interesting stat for sure I can't wait to see RoJo on the field.

I think I speak for Bucs fans everywhere when I say #27 is a better choice than #22. But who had #27 before or who switched with Rojo cuz I don’t recall that being available? I doubt Barber wanted to change again and give up #25.

3 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I think I speak for Bucs fans everywhere when I say #27 is a better choice than #22. But who had #27 before or who switched with Rojo cuz I don’t recall that being available? I doubt Barber wanted to change again and give up #25.

It was CB David Rivers. I'd imagine he'll change now. Or we'll release him.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

It was CB David Rivers. I'd imagine he'll change now. Or we'll release him.

“Or release him.” Damn that’s cold, all cuz he had the wrong number lol.

On a side note now we need Carlton Davis to change his number up and I’ll feel better about our rookie’s numbers. Haha

2 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

“Or release him.” Damn that’s cold, all cuz he had the wrong number lol.

On a side note now we need Carlton Davis to change his number up and I’ll feel better about our rookie’s numbers. Haha

I mean. We've got Bounce, VHIII, Davis, Stewart, R Smith, and Elliot. All have more experience than Rivers. And I don't know if we'll even carry more than five CBs.

Archived