Pick #35 - Nick Chubb - RB, Georgia

ReggieCamp

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

More than 2 years removed from injury most evaluators still believe he lost something that he'll never get back in terms of juice and fluidity/ease of movement... I tend to agree...good player.. basically a 1st round pick is too rich a price to pay imo....

If he can stay healthy, my opinion would be it's a solid pick..

As I have no confidence that he'll stay healthy given his loose knees (hyper-extension in multiple games after routine cutting).... I don't like the pick..

here's to hoping the best for the young man and our team...

Maybe not intended, but I heard...

1. He's never gonna be completely elite again after that injury.

2. He's gonna get injured.

3. He may die.

4. But I hope he doesn't die.

5. Go browns.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

They sure as hell don't sound too excited.  

Dorsey asks if "he" is excited to be a Cleveland Brown, and the camera widens to include Hue in the picture.

You bet your butt he is excited to STILL be a Brown.

The only person who looked less excited was Nick Chubb.

Im not surprised he wasnt happy. He is playing for a HC who talks like he loves to run the ball but that he really doesnt run the ball. Hopefully Haley is the opposite here.

I wasnt a fan of Chubb but he is a solid back. Sparq shows he is still a darn good athlete even after that knee injury. His score was 133. Better than RBs  like Guice, Penny,  & Kerryon Johnson. Better than RBs in  the league like McCaffrey, Mixon, Perine, Hunt,  Fournette, Cook, Henry, Gurley,  Ajayi, and Gordon. So he has the raw talent. 

Hopefully he becomes our stud RB. I still would like to take a flyer on  Scarbrough. It be nice to have that big bruising back. 

23 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Dammit @Mind Character I know you say you have crappy personal takes that are always wrong but it's getting freaking difficult not to trust you after all the Baker Bravado. YOUR NEGATIVE TAKES ARE BRINGIN ME DOWN MAN!! Don't you think I get enough negativity from my sports teams? Dayumm

You just have to skip over my posts man.... live in the free and euphoric bliss of eternal positivity...

45 minutes ago, Bernie's Curls said:

Maybe not intended, but I heard...

1. He's never gonna be completely elite again after that injury.

2. He's gonna get injured.

3. He may die.

4. But I hope he doesn't die.

5. Go browns.

Years and years of "What a day for the Brownies... we don't know if it'll work out positively or negatively... let's wait in see"...  that used to me like 60 losses and wasted drafts ago... this shell of a sports fan is all that remains... take it or leave it.. lol

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Orlando Brown will be good in the RG3 and Lamar Jackson read option offense where you only have to hold the man up long enough for the read option decision... he'll be a tragedy for Joe Flacco

yeah, he is a big man to get around. 

Nick Chubb probably was slightly salty we passed on his cousin Bradley at 4. I’m personally slightly surprised we didn’t move up into the last couple picks of round 1 for that 5th year option. No harm no foul I guess. Just a bit surprised that the one move we’ve made in this draft was a small move down; no moves up. 

I love this dude. I was initially not high on him before the injury because I was of the belief that his OL was just caving faces and making holes that even I could slip through. Upon further review, I began to realize what a total package of a player this dude was. He is the best interior runner in this draft class. His ability to sift through traffic and read the flow of the defense is phenomenal. Underrated as a pass catcher...just wasn't asked to do this in college. He's also a very good/willing pass blocker. Underrated athleticism after his injury. He is capable of house calling a long touchdown with no problems. I thought he was significantly better than his counterpart Sony Michel. He's the perfect build for a RB and unlike Barkley (whom I still love), he maximizes every single yard that's available to him. There is no indecisiveness in his game. He's the anti-Crowell: he will get you exactly what the OL gives you and a little extra. Crowell had no idea how to run with pacing and vision. Oh, and he tackled himself more than NFL defenders tackled him. Chubb is going to be a hammer that will be tough to take carries away from to get Hyde/Johnson on the field.

I said before the draft that there were only 3 RB's I would draft in the first 3 rounds.

1. Saquon Barkley (Elite)

2. Derrius Guice (Pro Bowl)

3. Nick Chubb (Pro Bowl)

My comp for him is a Kareem Hunt/Frank Gore combination. Violent, powerful, underrated quicks and long speed, and most importantly....tough as nails.

• Like 1