Titans trade up to 41, select Harold Landry

titans0021

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

My only complaint now is that I desperately wish we had attacked wide receiver in free agency.

We're already loaded in young talent at WR, Davis, Matthews, Taylor, and Sharpe.  It's not their fault the previous coaching staff didn't know how to use them.  They were just as frustrated as we all are.  We can still find some depth talent in the late rounds.

11 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

We're already loaded in young talent at WR, Davis, Matthews, Taylor, and Sharpe.  It's not their fault the previous coaching staff didn't know how to use them.  They were just as frustrated as we all are.  We can still find some depth talent in the late rounds.

This is definitely the most optimistic way possible to look at it. 

Can't complain about the pick, but I guess its an off day for me on Landry cuz I'm a little underwhelmed by the pick ATM. 

Reid was there at 57... Nwosu wasn't, but he was taken a bit after 41... And right now I think I'd prefer either.

Of course, I'll probably wake up tomorrow back on team Landry, ecstatic we got a guy who woulda been a slam dunk top 10 pick 12 months ago.

3 hours ago, TwoToneBlue said:

After watching the press conference, I think Terry misinterpreted this. Did think it was weird for JRob to be so open about the draft board.

Completely misinterpreted, he said depending on how much stock you put into mock drafts some people had him going in the teens. 

Boy, remember when people were saying we might be disappointed come Draft day? Then we end up with both of what likely would've been top 2 choices for the 25th pick.

I didn't love Landry as much as some people, but man this is some seriously great value, and a very good Draft so far. 

Still can't believe we got him, along with Evans.

I know he had a disappointing 2017 but he has rare bend and explosiveness. For edge rushers/d-lineman I like to look at the 10 yard time and the 3 cone drill time. Here's Landry's compared to some of the other similarly built top edge pass rushers of the past and present.

Harold Landry-1.59 ten yard/6.88 3 cone

Von Miller-1.57 ten yard/6.70 3 cone

Khalil Mack-1.64 ten yard/7.08 3 cone

Vic Beasley-1.59 ten yard/6.91 3 cone

Yannick Ngakoue-1.64 ten yard/7.35 3 cone

Demarcus Ware-1.68 ten yard/6.83 3 cone

Brian Orakpo-1.55 ten yard/7.26 3 cone(from his pro day)

As you can see, Landry compares favorable with all these guys. In the role of the #3 pass rusher, I think he could have a big time rookie year. My (bold) prediction is that he will lead the team in sacks this upcoming year.

9 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Still can't believe we got him, along with Evans.

I know he had a disappointing 2017 but he has rare bend and explosiveness. For edge rushers/d-lineman I like to look at the 10 yard time and the 3 cone drill time. Here's Landry's compared to some of the other similarly built top edge pass rushers of the past and present.

Harold Landry-1.59 ten yard/6.88 3 cone

Von Miller-1.57 ten yard/6.70 3 cone

Khalil Mack-1.64 ten yard/7.08 3 cone

Vic Beasley-1.59 ten yard/6.91 3 cone

Yannick Ngakoue-1.64 ten yard/7.35 3 cone

Demarcus Ware-1.68 ten yard/6.83 3 cone

Brian Orakpo-1.55 ten yard/7.26 3 cone(from his pro day)

As you can see, Landry compares favorable with all these guys. In the role of the #3 pass rusher, I think he could have a big time rookie year. My (bold) prediction is that he will lead the team in sacks this upcoming year.

Vic Beasley is the comparison I like for him and his times are almost identical there. I also think the broad jump/vertical have proven to be good indicators of guys first steps. Landry is a little behind on this, but still had good numbers. 36" vert and 119" broad compared to 41"/130" for Beasley. 36"/126" for Von Miller.

man I love watching voch Lombardi scouting reports, the guy is so detailed & knows what he’s talking bout, if any of you all so happen to like watching film analysis check him out. That being said I believe we got a steal & it wouldn’t shock me if he flirts with 8 plus sacks his rookie year. He has an unbelievable burst off the snap, he understands 3 things to me that most rookies take years to figure out, hand placement, leverage, & technique. I really think that he played injury last season & was faced far more double teams than last season, therefore he dropped. I’m praying also that we finally get something out of Dodd this year. 

I really think that him coming in and being behind Orakpo and Morgan (while also learning from them) is a great situation for Honor. I'm really looking forward to watching him come in on passing downs and doing some work.

Him, Orakpo, Morgan, Casey and Evans' pass rushing abilities should make for some creative 3rd down packages. Add the fact that we have 3 capable corners now. Hopefully they live up to the hype.

Archived