Titans trade up to 41, select Harold Landry

titans0021

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Don't really need one if Davis is what he's supposed to be.

Most useless position on the football field in relation to winning games, or at least close to.

QB and scheme are infinitely more important to the passing game than the targets.

I will forever disagree with this.

i feel like landry is the very first player we've picked under robinson to have been dinged for effort/motor at all. maybe they feel they've successfully built a culture that they can afford to take a risk like that once in awhile now.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i feel like landry is the very first player we've picked under robinson to have been dinged for effort/motor at all. maybe they feel they've successfully built a culture that they can afford to take a risk like that once in awhile now.

The guy played on a bad ankle all year this season, I’m sure his motor was cold at times, playing in pain for a college system that makes millions off you, meanwhile you’re trying to save your self & protect your future in order to provide for your family.. this wasn’t attacking you at all, just the scouts ?

Not gonna lie, I wanna pat myself on the back a bit. I feel like I've been one of the VERY few voices who have advocated trading up to get blue chip players. The mentality of 95% of the fan base is 'trade back, get more picks. J Rob needs more picks'. I've been advocating for trading up for a while now. We have tons of picks for years, we've filled alot of spots. What we desperately need is elite talent. Guys who can take this team to a different level. I feel like we got that in spades this season. Who cares that we don't have a 3rd or 4th, I'm not worried as much about another rookie WR, or a sub package safety. Gimme two guys who can not only make a big impact this season, but can be cornerstones in the future.

We needed to add talent and youth to the front seven, replace Avery Williamson, and add more pass rush. We did in spades with just two selections. Bravo!!!

Just now, Chocolateman78 said:

Not gonna lie, I wanna pat myself on the back a bit. I feel like I've been one of the VERY few voices who have advocated trading up to get blue chip players. The mentality of 95% of the fan base is 'trade back, get more picks. J Rob needs more picks'. I've been advocating for trading up for a while now. We have tons of picks for years, we've filled alot of spots. What we desperately need is elite talent. Guys who can take this team to a different level. I feel like we got that in spades this season. Who cares that we don't have a 3rd or 4th, I'm not worried as much about another rookie WR, or a sub package safety. Gimme two guys who can not only make a big impact this season, but can be cornerstones in the future.

We needed to add talent and youth to the front seven, replace Avery Williamson, and add more pass rush. We did in spades with just two selections. Bravo!!!

yup, what we really needed was a couple of blue chippers (especially in the front 7) and i'm glad we recognized it. there's something to be said for trading back as we did when we were still trying to stock the cupboard left so bare by ruston webster and co, but we've reached the point now where we need to swing for the fences, and it seems that's what we're doing.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I will forever disagree with this.

There's a reason Andy Reid could consistently lead top 10 offenses in his career despite rarely ever having any top tier targets at WR. Every single ring Brady possesses has come without an elite WR. The Eagles just showed how much scheme really matters by not only plugging in Foles and still winning, but having Jefferey(who, while good, I don't think is considered elite by anyone) and a bunch of nobodies around him at WR. The Seahawks were one of the top teams in football for four or five years with Baldwin(another good, but not elite receiver) and not much else at WR. Minnesota took two WRs nobody really wanted and their 3rd string QB and went to the conference championship game because their defense great and Shurmur did a fantastic job calling plays. Carolina is a bit inconsistent, but has made a superbowl run and multiple playoff runs with the best receiver being either Ginn or Benjamin.

It's not to say great WRs don't have a place on a team, but they're just not necessary to win. A good QB and a good scheme are. We've got the QB, we might have the scheme if LaFleur lives up to his reputation. Hell, Davis might even turn out to be a great WR, but we really just need him to be reliable. That's what matters from the receiver position. Run your route how you're supposed to, recognize the coverage the defense is playing, find the holes in the zone, and catch the ball when it's thrown to you. You don't need to be 6'4, 230 pounds and run a 4.3 to do that stuff. If on top of that stuff you can make a circus catch that's great, but it's not needed to be a winning football team.

4 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I agree with you completely. I do think draft picks get overvalued at times. 

But yep. Everyone thinks quantity over quality at times. 

But yes. If we only walk away with say 4 players. I don't care if they are all starters then 100% 

Archived