2nd Round Pick (45th Overall): Josh Jackson [CB; Iowa]

CWood21

12 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

Don't forget that we brought in Mo Wilkerson. Up front we have Mo Wilkerson, Mike Daniels, and Nick Perry. Pretty solid trio of pass rushers. We're not 2013 Seattle deep for pass rushers but we're much better off than we were last year. Ted Thompson would have not brought in Mo Wilkerson and we would be trying to get a good pass rush out of a rookie edge rusher drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round. At least we have a GM that can seize the opportunity to help fill a hole on the team outside of the draft.

I wanted pass rush first or early for IDK how many years. I need to stop wanting it so it happens.

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I wanted pass rush first or early for IDK how many years. I need to stop wanting it so it happens.

Hopefully the secondary is finally solidified and you get your wish.  

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Why did Josh Jackson run such a slow 40?  He doesn't look that slow at all. 

Never know. So many of these guys train specifically for the combine. It makes me wonder if some people who play faster than they time just dropped the ball on their 40 training.

Reminiscent of 2015's draft.  

Got a lot of value with this pick.  Hopefully Jackson works out better than Rollins who also fell to the second round because of questions about his athletic ability.  Now we've got a long wait till the 4th round.  

I  guess management thinks were perfectly fine at OLB and WR.  Gotta wonder if Dez might be in play.

Alexander, King, Jackson, Williams, House, Rollins.  Got a feeling one of them plays more safety than corner.  My money is on Tramon. 

I am so happy about our DB group right now.  Just gotta add one veteran pass rusher before the draft now. 

10 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

Hopefully the secondary is finally solidified and you get your wish.  

It all works if one side can help the other. Counting on a lot of young dudes with a couple old ones though

1 minute ago, packerbacker87 said:

His first attempt was a 4.4 forty... whats slow about that. He might have the best hands in the draft and hes a lengthy freak. Hes our best corner right now!! Great pick. 

I like you

It's such a luxury having ironmen like Clay Matthews and Nick Perry that can be counted on to play every game each season. No need to draft pass rushers. Instead they can use 7 picks in the first and seconds rounds since 2014 on DBs. And that formula has been working so well thanks to Matthews and Perry being rocks you can always count on. It allows them to completely ignore the very important OLB position in this defense. Neither seems to be slowing down either. Let's draft some more DBs with these upcoming picks.

Archived