• Smooth, fluid and flexible
  • Good snap to step quickness
  • Initial contact is balanced and well-timed
  • Outpaces defenders laterally and reaches three-techniques all day long
  • Slides feet into position and swivels hips to secure the block
  • Easy second-level climber with agility for high connection rate
  • Takes smart angles
  • Can beat inside linebackers to the spot and get them sealed
  • Has reactive athleticism to open hips and redirect against slants on his backside
  • Snatches and mirrors for block centering and sustaining on work-up blocks
  • Finishes
  • Technically sound and works well with his guards
  • Pass sets with wide base and plus balance
  • Rarely caught lunging or over-extending against athletic rushers
  • Has foot quickness to stay mirrored and handle counters
  • Rolls hips under him for quality anchor

Bears got a hell of a Center here, and it looks like Whitehair will be heading to G.

Leno - Long - Daniels - Whitehair - Massie

Looks like a solid OL. Good pick by Pace.

I like the pick. Think it makes us better than leaving CW65 at C and drafting a guard IMO. IDK who everyone's favorite draft analysts are, but Dane Brugler is probably my favorite (Josh Norris in 2nd) and Brugler had Daniels the #1 C and a top 25 player, to get him at 39 is great value.

Also, he's only 20 years old as well, so he will continue to get stronger, which will help with the big NTs he goes up again. Plus Smith is only 21, so we are getting SOLID plug and play players that are young and have room to grow

8 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I like the pick. Think it makes us better than leaving CW65 at C and drafting a guard IMO. IDK who everyone's favorite draft analysts are, but Dane Brugler is probably my favorite (Josh Norris in 2nd) and Brugler had Daniels the #1 C and a top 25 player, to get him at 39 is great value.

Also, he's only 20 years old as well, so he will continue to get stronger, which will help with the big NTs he goes up again. Plus Smith is only 21, so we are getting SOLID plug and play players that are young and have room to grow

Mayock had him at 17 DJ had him at 20.  He was thought to be a surefire 1st rounder until Ragnow and Price suddenly shot in front of him last night.  The value at the top of the 2nd on the interior was huge tonight.  I really dont get the Browns going Corbitt, but its the Browns and I think theyve screwed everything up so far this year so theres that.

13 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Mayock had him at 17 DJ had him at 20.  He was thought to be a surefire 1st rounder until Ragnow and Price suddenly shot in front of him last night.  The value at the top of the 2nd on the interior was huge tonight.  I really dont get the Browns going Corbitt, but its the Browns and I think theyve screwed everything up so far this year so theres that.

Ehhh, Corbitt might work out. Browns are doing well, actually. Bears are just doing better...:)

11 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

They have bitnonio and zeitler at G, and signed JC Tretter to play C, so i guess they want Corbitt to play RT

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Ehhh, Corbitt might work out. Browns are doing well, actually. Bears are just doing better...:)

Are they playing him at LT? bc they have a really good interior. I dont think they are doing well at all. I have serious concerns about Mayfields maturity, they passed on the best defensive player in the draft for need, they didnt take a legit OT prospect.  This has been a real bad draft for them so far.  Lord I hope Guice makes it to the 4th round.

Daniels arguably better than both Price and Ragnow. 

Cool and rare thing about Bears interior Oline is they have athletism to block 2nd level on stretch plays.   If you've ever played or coached Oline you know that is hard to do and a rare trait.   Having one guy who can do it is rare, having three is insane.

Hopefully Long can still play effectively.  

47 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Are they playing him at LT? bc they have a really good interior. I dont think they are doing well at all. I have serious concerns about Mayfields maturity, they passed on the best defensive player in the draft for need, they didnt take a legit OT prospect.  This has been a real bad draft for them so far.  Lord I hope Guice makes it to the 4th round.

Probably. Or hoping to, anyway. You can doubt away on Mayfield, and there's nothing wrong with going for need, particularly when prospects are closely graded as I suspect the Browns had Chubb and Ward. We'll see has them more accurately pegged after the season...

Archived