Eagles select TE Dallas Goedert w/ the 49th pick

TheRealMcCoy

Last year I wanted to draft another tightend, and be reminiscent of gronk/Hernandez.

I didnt pay much attention to draft prospects this year, but i love the tape of Goedert.  scouts seem to be comparing him to Jason Witten a lot, but he reminds me of Gronk and the way he catches the ball.  

On 4/30/2018 at 11:20 AM, JayWood2010 said:

Last year I wanted to draft another tightend, and be reminiscent of gronk/Hernandez.

I didnt pay much attention to draft prospects this year, but i love the tape of Goedert.  scouts seem to be comparing him to Jason Witten a lot, but he reminds me of Gronk and the way he catches the ball.  

I was all aboard the taking OJ Howard at 14 hype train last year. I'm glad they got Barnett, but getting a dynamic #2 TE with Doug's creativity is pretty awesome.

I feel like he's already a top 5 TE in the NFL. He'd be number 1 if that Ertz guy wasn't success blocking him. He'll be a more athletic Gronk once he gets a years worth of cheesesteaks and NFL strength and conditioning hammered into his soul and blood. And once Dougie Ships realizes Ertz is actually TE2 to Dirt Gods TE1.

Myth biggest concern with him is if he can spin it like Trey Bizzle on trick plays.

I think he only wears gloves to cover up the fact he was born with suction cups on his palms. 

Supposedly his parents named him Dallas because a fortune teller told them the Eagles would own him and do whatever they wanted with him.

14 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I feel like he's already a top 5 TE in the NFL. He'd be number 1 if that Ertz guy wasn't success blocking him. He'll be a more athletic Gronk once he gets a years worth of cheesesteaks and NFL strength and conditioning hammered into his soul and blood. And once Dougie Ships realizes Ertz is actually TE2 to Dirt Gods TE1.

Myth biggest concern with him is if he can spin it like Trey Bizzle on trick plays.

I think he only wears gloves to cover up the fact he was born with suction cups on his palms. 

Supposedly his parents named him Dallas because a fortune teller told them the Eagles would own him and do whatever they wanted with him.

have a fun cinco de mayo bro?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-rankings-separating-skill-blocking-and-everything-to-know-about-tes/

Blocking

1. Goedert
  2. Fumagalli
  3. Thomas
  4. Andrews
  5. Hurst 
  6. Gesicki

For his reputation as a mismatch pass-catcher, Goedert has a fair amount of experience blocking and really gets after it. Like the vast majority of tight ends, there are times he's overwhelmed by bigger, strong edge-rushers, but on blocks that ask him to get to the second level, he wins often. He's typically balanced and delivers a strong initial pop. As a Wisconsin guy, Fumagalli blocked frequently, yet I expected more out of him in that area. Thomas played on the line on occasion at Indiana and is similar to Goedert in his strengths and weaknesses as a blocker, he's just not as powerful as the South Dakota State alum. You do not want the last three with important edge-blocking responsibilities on a crucial run play.

I'm curious to see his role and if he warrants more playing time given his skillset /possible production in this offense?

Archived