What's special about D.J. Moore?

celestial

On 4/27/2018 at 8:35 PM, celestial said:

I watched some tape on him and he never seemed to get open on anything but comebacks. There was always a CB with him. I might not have watched enough of him to judge because I was disgusted. But this is a good draft thread anyway: What's special about him?

Because Steve Smith the idiot, said so.

Is it just more or is Curtis Samuel a very similar player but better in a lot of ways and of better value in the 2nd round?  DJ Moore was the 24th pick Samuel was the 40th.  And Samuel is way faster as a prospect and was a legit RB in college where DJ Moore just looks like one from time to time running the football after the catch.   Samuel his final year had 770+ rushing and 860 receiving which is very impressive, DJ Moore had a good year but the team had a ton of bad losses and were in a lot of blowouts where at times it is easier to get stats.  

They just seem like similar players and I think DJ Moore is a big reach and for what, to be exactly what Samuel is for them potentially down the road?  Was funny listening to Joey Galloway talk about DJ Moore's route running ability or lack there of...

xRJR4.gif

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Is it just more or is Curtis Samuel a very similar player but better in a lot of ways and of better value in the 2nd round?  DJ Moore was the 24th pick Samuel was the 40th.  And Samuel is way faster as a prospect and was a legit RB in college where DJ Moore just looks like one from time to time running the football after the catch.   Samuel his final year had 770+ rushing and 860 receiving which is very impressive, DJ Moore had a good year but the team had a ton of bad losses and were in a lot of blowouts where at times it is easier to get stats.  

They just seem like similar players and I think DJ Moore is a big reach and for what, to be exactly what Samuel is for them potentially down the road?  Was funny listening to Joey Galloway talk about DJ Moore's route running ability or lack there of...

xRJR4.gif

Curtis Samuel barely played with us last year but I think he's meant to be more of a Ted Ginn replacement in that he's gonna be there to scare defenses into thinking he'll run a go route (which will open up space for the other receivers). And will occasionally run one. He's also supposed to be the slot guy for us and can maybe do a gadget play every now and then a la Tyreek Hill or Percy Harvin.

DJ Moore is meant to be the prototypical #1 wideout who is probably gonna be lining up outside most of the time. He also runs way harder than Samuel. He's got an inch or two on him and an extra 15 or 20 lbs. They don't seem to play similar to me.

I’m actually on the side that thinks Moore is an overrated prospect. 

I see the Golden Tate comparisons, but Moore does just about everything slightly worse than Tate (outside of route running). Game speed doesn’t match his workouts. Doesn’t beat defenders with leaping ability, hands are good but not Tate good, and he’s solid after the catch but generally overrated here as well. 

I have Moore as a 1st round bust. 

1 hour ago, SoS said:

I’m actually on the side that thinks Moore is an overrated prospect. 

I see the Golden Tate comparisons, but Moore does just about everything slightly worse than Tate (outside of route running). Game speed doesn’t match his workouts. Doesn’t beat defenders with leaping ability, hands are good but not Tate good, and he’s solid after the catch but generally overrated here as well. 

I have Moore as a 1st round bust. 

I don’t think he will be a bust but I also do not think he is as good as everyone makes him to be. He is nowhere near explosive as Odell after the catch. His game reminds of Golden Tate but Tate has better hands.

I had a late 2nd round grade on him. Maybe a team can unlock that untapped speed you don’t see on game day, but other than that his game is fairly maxed out. 

I don’t mind playing the numbers game and predicting a relative bust here. 

The guy accounted for over 50% of the Maryland offense. We just don't see those kinds of numbers at the receiver position. That plus he's an off-the-charts athlete at a young age. He's literally the perfect receiver to take a chance on.

You're gonna tell me he's less of a prospect than John Ross and Mike Williams? Keep failing @NFL.

Archived