Bears Trade Back Into 2nd for Anthony Miller

Sugashane

44 minutes ago, G08 said:

His drops man... it's pretty freaking awful. I read somewhere it was something like 21 drops in the past 2 seasons >:(

I would be surprised if it was that high.

A couple things I think will correct that outside of coaching and developing

1. Less targets

2. Less difficult catches combined with better QB play.

Marquise Lee had the most drops in the NFL, but if you watch a bunch of them Bortles is throwing late or a knuckle ball at him.

Just now, WindyCity said:

I would be surprised if it was that high.

A couple things I think will correct that outside of coaching and developing

1. Less targets

2. Less difficult catches combined with better QB play.

Marquise Lee had the most drops in the NFL, but if you watch a bunch of them Bortles is throwing late or a knuckle ball at him.

I've been watching as many games of his as I could find, he keeps dropping the 'easy' and 'routine' ones man. It's bad.

Watch the UCLA game and feel better about him.  

45 minutes ago, G08 said:

I've been watching as many games of his as I could find, he keeps dropping the 'easy' and 'routine' ones man. It's bad.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I mean it's in this thread Doofenshmirtz...

latest?cb=20120609083016

xD

Curse you Perry the Platypus! 

I thought you might have been responding to AZBearsFan--about Chark. 

I'll show myself out...

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Then MT will just have to throw the ball repeatedly to him in triple coverage and there will be nothing to worry about. :)

It's probably in the video about, but the UCLA/MEMPHIS game was on ESPNU earlier today, and i happened to turn it on with less than 2 minutes left in the first half. I saw two plays, both happened to be completions to Miller. Both routes he used excellent route running to create separation, making an OUTSTANDING catch for a 41 yard gain on the first catch, then followed up with a beautiful over the shoulder catch for a TD. Watch the video above. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

14-195-3 TDs

Conference Championship

YouTube has the whole game up several times over, and it reinforced two things to me

1- Miller can be a beast when on - Ferguson is crap so he has by far the best QB he's ever had to work with in Trubisky

2 - The Florida Gators f****d up bigtime by not going all-in on Scott Frost. After that tool McElwain went belly up they should have attacked Frost then, before Nebraska had a chance.

From the game tape I've seen on this kid I'm not worried about drop issues.  He routinely makes tough contested catches and is a physical presence out there, not to mention his route running is on point.  Also seems like a very high motor guy who hustles hard.  Added plus is that he has a certain cocky but confident swag going to him. 

I read a tweet over the weekend about in one team's draft room after realizing that the Bears had traded up for Miller, the room full of scouts, coaches and management let out a collective sigh in frustration and were very upset...LOL

A lot of comps being thrown out there to Antonio Brown and Steve Smith.  If he can be at even 80% of those two guys' level then they may have gotten a steal here.  I'm very excited for Miller.

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

YouTube has the whole game up several times over, and it reinforced two things to me

1- Miller can be a beast when on - Ferguson is crap so he has by far the best QB he's ever had to work with in Trubisky

2 - The Florida Gators f****d up bigtime by not going all-in on Scott Frost. After that tool McElwain went belly up they should have attacked Frost then, before Nebraska had a chance.

I remember thinking when Frost was at UO that he'd end up with Nebraska due to his playing career. Money talks of course but my money would have been on Nebraska anyway,

Archived