Bears Trade Back Into 2nd for Anthony Miller

Sugashane

10 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

The problem is that is still the most important position defense. Anthony Miller better be good because pace gave up next years 2 and 4th rounder this year for him.

*Slight correction* - 0-1 gap and field side (or blind-side) pressure is the most important to a pass rush and we have both, just as long as Floyd and Ferguson can stay healthy. 

Yes, we need a pass rusher to play opposite in today's game as it has become almost just as important but Fangio's defenses have shown to still be effective in getting pressure without it. Again, you can't expect perfection. If you do, you're setting yourself up for a complete letdown.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

*Slight correction* - 0-1 gap and field side (or blind-side) pressure is the most important to a pass rush and we have both, just as long as Floyd and Ferguson can stay healthy. 

Yes, we need a pass rusher to play opposite in today's game as it has become almost just as important but Fangio's defenses have shown to still be effective in getting pressure without it. Again, you can't expect perfection.

Ego aint on our team no more

I'm usually good for knowing the top 100 prospects. This year I've been so busy that I've been good for maybe top 50, so honestly I've never heard of Miller. But I'm floored by the reaction from the Average Joe. Usually Facebook is a cesspool of pessimism but most of the comments on this guy are super positive.

I've found an endless loop glitch that will make us trading our second rounder a nonissue. Every year, we pull that same exact trade where we keep promising our 2nd and then add a 2nd back the next year at the cost of our 4th and the next year's 2nd. It's flawless. 

13 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I'm usually good for knowing the top 100 prospects. This year I've been so busy that I've been good for maybe top 50, so honestly I've never heard of Miller. But I'm floored by the reaction from the Average Joe. Usually Facebook is a cesspool of pessimism but most of the comments on this guy are super positive.

I worked like every weekend last season so I've never known less about football than I did this draft. It'll be the same story this year but imma dvr the games 

35 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

I like the pick, Trubisky needs more weapons.  He could be a quality starter for us in a couple years.  I hate giving up next years 2nd for him though.  If Miller pans out, it'll be worth it. 

Hit it right on the head here. If he’s legit then the cost of advancing next year’s 2 a year of a mid round pick, a round in which we had an extra pick anyway, basically a non-factor. It’s going to make the expectation we look to trade back in next year’s 1st runs far more prevalent without question though. 

Just now, pigsooie5 said:

Giving up a future 2nd gives a sour taste but it’s hrd to deny what Pace is doing. He saw a guy he publically stayed “didn’t think would be there” at 51 so clearly he was rated as s round 1-early round 2 guy. 

Get the weapon in now so he can build with Trubisky and be on the ground floor of the new offense.

43 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

I like the pick, Trubisky needs more weapons.  He could be a quality starter for us in a couple years.  I hate giving up next years 2nd for him though.  If Miller pans out, it'll be worth it. 

Giving up future round picks in return for higher valued prospects are becoming the norm since new CBA rookie contracts. Any team with a QB who is still on a 4 year rookie contract are looking to go from being a laughing stock to an immediate playoff contender within that same time frame. But in order to do that, you have to take risks' and unfortunately one of those risks are trading away for other possible future prospects. 

I would also like to point out the fact that alot of fans(myself included) sometimes over-value draft picks in general.

Archived