Bears Trade Back Into 2nd for Anthony Miller

Sugashane

13 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am very excited that we won’t need to here about the “role” Kevin White is going to play this season 

You really have a bug out for White.  No one thinks he is going to set the team on fire and have a massive role.  At most people said was "yeah hope he stays healthy and can get a few targets a game".  Don't think thats too unreasonable.  Let yourself care less. 

This dude does have an issue with drops, just want to point that out. 

Still, if Nagy wanted him this badly I'm good with using next year's second on him as well as our higher 4th to make it happen. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Hit it right on the head here. If he’s legit then the cost of advancing next year’s 2 a year of a mid round pick, a round in which we had an extra pick anyway, basically a non-factor. It’s going to make the expectation we look to trade back in next year’s 1st runs far more prevalent without question though. 

We didn't lose our 2019 pick. We get to draft our 2019 2nd rd pick in this draft at the cost of one of our two 4th round picks this year. If Miller is a guy they believe in, it's draft money well spent. Especially, on a WR which is thought to have a longer acclimation to the NFL game than most positions.

5 hours ago, 51to54 said:

We didn't lose our 2019 pick. We get to draft our 2019 2nd rd pick in this draft at the cost of one of our two 4th round picks this year. If Miller is a guy they believe in, it's draft money well spent. Especially, on a WR which is thought to have a longer acclimation to the NFL game than most positions.

Exactly. We gave up a 4th round pick so we could have a 2nd round pick this year instead of next year. No big deal.

I especially like how this will have him learnign the offense with Trubisky, rather than forcing him to learn next year while Tru already has a year in. I'm sure that wouldn't be a major limiting factor, but taking any issues that hinder the offense that we can is a puls to me right now.

31 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I would like to see Miller work in the slot with Gabriel as the deep threat on the outside.

Biggest thing to me (and probably Nagy) is the versatility of both to do both. Nagy has been consistent in talking about versatility and what that allows him to do with the offense. Last year 100% our personnel groupings tipped what we were going to do. Having a bunch of guys who excel in multiple areas really take that away from the defense and put Trubisky & Co. at a competitive advantage more often. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Biggest thing to me (and probably Nagy) is the versatility of both to do both. Nagy has been consistent in talking about versatility and what that allows him to do with the offense. Last year 100% our personnel groupings tipped what we were going to do. Having a bunch of guys who excel in multiple areas really take that away from the defense and put Trubisky & Co. at a competitive advantage more often. 

Youre not kidding.  KC ran out of so many diiferent 3 AND 4 wr formations last year.  So much of the run is going to be based on MT10s read, play action is going to be deadly

It is going to be cool to see how the targets spread around - seems outside of Robinson we will be able just to take a mismatch and attack.

Robinson - better get the lion's share

Burton - I think 70% of his snaps will have him standing

Miller - can play anywhere

Gabriel - might be as much a decoy as starting WR, likely gets a Johnny Knox-like role

Cohen - targets out of backfield and spread wide

Shaheen - wasn't drafted in the 2nd for his blocking, they want him to own the middle of the field

White - hope he stays healthy, Pace seems to know not to count on that though

Fowler - WR depth

Ayers - special teams

Brown - I think gets cut

Gentry - PS bound

Bellamy - ST

Then throw in Howard getting 2-3 targets a game from the backfield. Plus now let's see them load 8 man boxes on us. Howard should be more productive then ever with this staff keeping defenses honest.

Pros:  

• This guy makes crazy, impossible one handed catches look natural.
  • His coaches say he is a hard worker.  Hardest they ever coached.  Important cause this offense isn't easy to learn.
  • Nobody recruited him and he still carries a chip.  
  • Great with ball after catch.  
  • Constitently wins 50/50 balls. 
  • Good route runner.

Cons:

• Not a big guy. 
  • Not a super fast guy. 
  • Doesnt get good separation.  

One of players I was targeting so I am pleased that we got him.  Sooner than I thought he would go, but glad we have him.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I would like to see Miller work in the slot with Gabriel as the deep threat on the outside.

This is one thing i read from a lot of "experts" saying that Miller is a slot, but Gabriel is a slot so it doesn't make sense. I think we are going to see Gabriel on the outside a lot more, using his speed to gain separation, then Miller in the slot killing them with his routes

8 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

This is one thing i read from a lot of "experts" saying that Miller is a slot, but Gabriel is a slot so it doesn't make sense. I think we are going to see Gabriel on the outside a lot more, using his speed to gain separation, then Miller in the slot killing them with his routes

Gabriel is not a slot

Archived