Vikings select...Brian O’Neill, OT, Pittsburgh

SemperFeist

On 5/5/2018 at 7:30 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Its too bad we couldn't get Jaryd Jones-Smith along with O'Neill.

I don't know if I could handle myself if we did that.

Yeah I thought Jones-Smith would have been drafted.  Just on length alone as a offensive tackle kid is super long and rangy, decent athlete and is a steal UDFA for the Texans.  Was a little raw in college but physically there is a lot to work with no question.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I like that they're putting the O'Neill pass-catching out there this early. Teams are going to have to think about it when he's out there now. Even if they don't run it in preseason, the possibility of the wrinkle can help in goal line or 3rd/4th and short situations if the defender has to hesitate just a bit. 

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

We saw it a couple of times last year. 

I don't recall many OL routes, but that certainly wouldn't shock me near the goal line.

One thing I loved from Shurmur was some of the stuff with unbalanced lines. More of that would be nice.

16 hours ago, Klomp said:

I don't recall many OL routes, but that certainly wouldn't shock me near the goal line.

I think it was the Cincinnati game, but I’m not sure, Sirles came in on a goal line situation as an eligible receiver. Rudolph and Morgan went to the left, Sirles ran a route to the right. Pretty sure Rudolph caught the TD, but when you watch the replay, Sirles was more open than anyone else. 

And I think they ran that ply 2-3 on the year. 

• 4 years later...