Bucs draft CB Carlton Davis - SIGNED

bucsfan333

14 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

How’s many DBs run on the field from a 3 point track stance? I don’t come care for straight line speed. 

With Julio and Ridley in Atlanta; Ginn in New Orleans; and DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, and Torrey Smith in Carolina, we need as much speed in the secondary as we can get.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

With Julio and Ridley in Atlanta; Ginn in New Orleans; and DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, and Torrey Smith in Carolina, we need as much speed in the secondary as we can get.

I agree but Davis is not going to let these dudes get an easy free release. He pretty much shut down Ridley this past year. 

1 minute ago, indifference said:

I agree but Davis is not going to let these dudes get an easy free release. He pretty much shut down Ridley this past year. 

I get that he's aggressive and presses well. But he'll whiff sometimes. And we won't press every snap.

6 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Straight line speed still does not measure how you turn and run. 40 times do not measure game speed. If you get a bad jump in your 40, that’s a .10 second demerit on your time. 

Davis can re route WRs and jam at the line. He’s a rookie so he’ll struggle but his game physical to match up with any of these studs in the future. 

59 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

This was a great breakdown. Davis is a good cover man who probably won’t ever lead the NFL in picks but that’s fine. Not allowing catches and forcing fumbles and incompletions are needed. He is a playmaker in a different way. Only issue I can see is that he will probably be up there in penalties. I pray he pans out to be Lattimore good out the gate because God knows we need another outside CB besides Grimes.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived