3(72). Nathan Shepherd, DE, Fort Hays State

NewAge

I have high hopes for this kid.  Also supposed to be an awesome guy off the field.  He was trashing people at the senior bowl and he has never really had high level coaching.  Give him an offseason with NFL coaching and watch him go.

Just now, NewAge said:

I'm getting strong Kenrick Ellis vibes. 

Just because of the age?

I hope not. Kenrick Ellis was on of the all-time overrated players on this board. I think Shephard should be much better than him. 

I also don't really see the body type comparison. Ellis was huge. This guy's got more quickness to his game.

37 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I don't question the talent, I question the need.  BPA is cool and everything, but at some point, you can't keep neglecting obvious holes.

A hole to us isn't always a hole to the team though. I mean we all know we need EDGE rushers the Front 3/4 did need some refining.

12 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Just because of the age?

I hope not. Kenrick Ellis was on of the all-time overrated players on this board. I think Shephard should be much better than him. 

I also don't really see the body type comparison. Ellis was huge. This guy's got more quickness to his game.

Just a similar sort of pick. Overaged small school DT in the third round that is still raw. 

Archived