3(72). Nathan Shepherd, DE, Fort Hays State

NewAge

This is a better Mo in my opinion.

Maybe not better as far as coming out of college talent, but better as far as potential and as far as being hungry. Kid has a Leo motor which is what we need opposite Leo. Could make for a fantastic tandem on the DL and since we lost Mo, and Ealy it was an obvious need. We can take a edge guy at 4 easily.

Didn't get a chance to watch the second day of the draft. So catching up now. Man a lot of the players I wanted went before our pick. I think this is a solid pick. Didn't know much about him before we picked him. I know the pff guys always raved about him but since he was a DL I never really dug into him. Looks like Macc went BPA which I can't get mad at. The only players I would have been hoping for are Hines, Sweat, Ejiofor, Hubbard, Teller and Ogbo. Most of those guys are still on the board. 

After seeing and reading about how people at the senior bowl couldn't stop him, I love this pick. If he didn't hurt his hand, his stock would have been higher. He beat Will Hernandez in 1-1 drills and that says a lot when you look at how many players Will has handled. Wouldn't surprise me if he's an early impact player. 

Should be a starter right away. 

We aren't winning this year anyways, the Patriots will roll with the division. We are about the future, main thing is if we hit on a franchise QB then moving forward everything else will be fine. 

Archived