49ers Select Fred Warner, LB, BYU #70 Overall

y2lamanaki

By far my favorite pick so far. I have no issues with this selection. He needs to clean up the tackling, but he's a bit of a ball hawk (weird to say for a linebacker), he seems to always be around the ball. Great instincts. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Off ball LB. Will take over for Smith next year, and provide some depth year one. Seems like the must feel confident in Foster being on the team.

Any chance this year he plays the SAM spot? 

Just now, Forge said:

By far my favorite pick so far. I have no issues with this selection. He needs to clean up the tackling, but he's a bit of a ball hawk (weird to say for a linebacker), he seems to always be around the ball. Great instincts. 

Same here. I think this is a perfect selection and gives us two LBs who can play if Foster is suspended.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Any chance this year he plays the SAM spot? 

Um, possibly but think Pita will be our starter at SAM. But sure he could compete for the spot this year.

Our backers are going to be so much better in coverage next season. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Um, possibly but think Pita will be our starter at SAM. But sure he could compete for the spot this year.

Our backers are going to be so much better in coverage next season. 

Will be really curious on Pita's growth this year. I honestly hadn't even considered him as a starter yet. 

Archived