Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
y2lamanaki

49ers Select Fred Warner, LB, BYU #70 Overall

Recommended Posts

The new age NFL you better have RBs that could catch out of the back field and get LBs that can cover RBs out of the back field. 

Lets go get Key at 95! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

 

Honestly, I kind of dig a linebacking corps of Smith / Foster / Warner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Forge said:

Honestly, I kind of dig a linebacking corps of Smith / Foster / Warner. 

Especially in today's NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I kind of dig a linebacking corps of Smith / Foster / Warner. 

Absolutely, especially because all of them can cover. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Especially in today's NFL.

Absolutely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MIKE? Unlikely, but that's okay. I don't want him playing MIKE. But I do love the fact he could cover so well. Certain packages we could blitz Tartt/slot CB and have Warner drop out on the slot corner or TE. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

MIKE? Unlikely, but that's okay. I don't want him playing MIKE. But I do love the fact he could cover so well. Certain packages we could blitz Tartt/slot CB and have Warner drop out on the slot corner or TE. 

 

Yeah, Mike would surprise me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, Mike would surprise me. 

Clear that Shanny/Lynch believe in versatility. They want you to be good in multiple areas. I actually like our LB core even when Foster is suspended.

Warner/Toomer/Smith 

Or someone like Pita that could play SAM.

Is Gilbert going to play SAM? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Clear that Shanny/Lynch believe in versatility. They want you to be good in multiple areas. I actually like our LB core even when Foster is suspended.

Warner/Toomer/Smith 

Or someone like Pita that could play SAM.

Is Gilbert going to play SAM? 

I would have thought that we give Gilbert a shot at LEO...but he's undersized. But I'm reasonably sure all he did at Colorado was rush the passer. Could be wrong though. Maybe he'd just be a pass rush specialist out of the SAM. I don't know where else he could play if he made the roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, not counting on him making the roster but he did have double digit sacks in college, but think he could play some SAM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, y2lamanaki said:

 

I've heard of those two guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Clear that Shanny/Lynch believe in versatility. They want you to be good in multiple areas. I actually like our LB core even when Foster is suspended.

Warner/Toomer/Smith 

Or someone like Pita that could play SAM.

Is Gilbert going to play SAM? 

Wait...not...Malcolm Smith right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×