2.27 (59) Washington Redskins select Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

Woz

I don't know if we have ever had a guy like this...really exciting.   My emotional reaction to taking him at 13 would have been similar to when we took Payne, but to get him in the 2nd with a bonus athletic OT thrown in?  Couldn't be more excited - and it does feel good that stiller fans made this hype video.

The kid talks about being asked awkward questions at the combine and then “NFL sources” proceed to ruin his draft day experience. I’m pretty sure he was asked the questions because it’s happened so many times before. If it comes out that he’s done some dumb things I just hope the organization gets his back and helps him out. Losing your father at 5 to gun violence has to be extremely unsettling. I’m rooting for him to set the league on fire. 

This only helps Alex Smith. I totally see a Kareem Hunt rookie season out of him. This is really exciting, just knowing we finally got a 2nd round pick that will most likely contribute.

One other thought crossed my mind. Last year Joe Mixon got drafted high after he cold cocked a woman and the NFL forgave him for it. If Guice did do anything, I'm almost certain it couldn't be any worse.

Looks like our draft luck is changing for the better.

Even better news is we actually have done a pretty good job in rounds 4 and 5 of recent drafts

"Lazy" is the craziest, dumbest thing Ive seen. He was fighting to get field time against Fournette. And he earned it. Theres not a soul on this planet that could of garnered time against Fournette if they were "Lazy". How can that even come across as making sense?

He is the type to want that 2nd contract real bad, and want it to be real big. Cause this 3rd round check isnt going to suit. Hes going to fight for years to come. Aint gonna be anything lazy about it.

Every year it seems scuzzy “nfl team sources” try to ruin a kids life and livelihood with whispers, rumors and other BS that I believe should be legally actionable. This year it’s with Guice. It looks like the Eagles and their media whores like Mayock and Rappaport publish provocactive headlines like this year-

“NFL teams are concerned about the Guice rumors and he is falling in draft”

what rumors?

” The rumors about Guice”

oh those rumors? What are they?

” Everyone already knows”

I don’t know, what are they?

mayock- “ oh you will know when a story breaks tomorrow that will reflect badly on Guice and any team that selects him”

you mean the rumored TMZ report that TMZ said has never existed and is untrue

what did he kill two guys like one of your announcers did and get off without any penalty?

cut to commercial 

its such BS. 

Is it about him saying he was asked if he’s gay or Brian Westbrook saying it’s possible guice and Philly Staley had a confrontation.

was Staley hitting on him?

well Westbrook I heard from an nfl source iyou got your head stuck in a camels dung hole. It’s possible right? You will see the story tomorrow but everyone already knows about it. 

kudos to Gruden for sticking up for the kid and saying he’s a good kid and “rumors” that’s he’s lazy, and addicted to video games isn’t true 

I hope Guice uses all of this as fuel to beat the crap out of the eagles for the next 6 years and everyone else who profits spreading rumors that are unsourced and the rumors are not even identified 

welcome to Washington. I’m glad we had the guts to pick you. Well done! 

Archived