Woz

2.27 (59) Washington Redskins select Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

Who was the Penn St R B we have a few years back.. Weird name , wore 29.. He was fast but ran straight into people. Though he made a classic hurdle once I remember .

Never mind -Roy Hulu

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Who was the Penn St R B we have a few years back.. Weird name , wore 29.. He was fast but ran straight into people. Though he made a classic hurdle once I remember .

Never mind -Roy Hulu

Evan Royster went to Penn State. He wasn’t very fast but he had good vision, kind of like Alfred Morris but Morris was tougher and ended up being better. Royster was only on the Redskins in 2011 & 2012. He was drafted in 2011 in the 6th round. 

In the 2011 draft we drafted Roy Helu from Nebraska in round 4 (actually Shanahan traded up to draft him). Then, he took Royster in round 6. Both players were good in 2011 and flashed some. They both had 100 yard games as rookies.

I remember being against the Alfred Morris pick in the 6th round of the 2012 draft because we already had Helu and Royster and both had had 100 yard games in 2011 as rookies. Royster had 100 yard games in week 16 & 17 in 2011. 

I thought the Morris pick was a wasted pick...

Boy was I wrong! 😂 He should still be on our roster.

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

If that "clumsiness" knocked Derrius Guice down a round from where his value said he probably should have one, then "thanks, clumsy media!" A rare time some did this franchise an unintentional solid.