2.27 (59) Washington Redskins select Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

Woz

“We got to know Derrius quite well. He’s quite the character,” Washington coach Jay Gruden said, per ESPN.com. “He’s got a great personality, loves football and is going to be a great competitor for this football team. We know that. We felt like he fit in just fine. Love his talent. At the end of the day it’s all about the skill set he has.”

Guice also weighed in, insisting that the rumors were fabricated and overblown.

“It did surprise me because a lot of the things came out of nowhere and weren’t true,” Guice said on a conference call. “I just didn’t understand why me, out of all people, because I’m great to everybody, I have a great personality and I just didn’t understand why everything just hit so hard with me out of everybody.” 

http://us.pressfrom.com/news/sports/-140384-derrius-guice-on-fall-in-draft-things-came-out-of-nowhere-and-weren-t-true/

I had passes to attend all 3 days of the 2018 draft here in Dallas TX. Unfortunately I was only able to attend day 2. When I enter the stadium our Skins was on the clock for their 2nd rd pick. Gary Clark was ready to announce our pick so I rushed to make a video of the pick. Ended up in them Boys section lol. Meet many Redskin fans and even meet Ron Mcdole daughter Tammy. Left the draft around 11 that night. Had blast guys. Hail!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think anyone has posted this yet:

On the opposite end of the spectrum, LSU product Derrius Guice faced a stacked box on an otherworldly 73 percent of his carries, by far most in the class. It didn't matter. Guice destroyed extra defensive attention in his sample of 95 collegiate carries, shredding opposing defenses for 5.88 Yards Created per attempt (third-best in the class). Guice is a bad, bad man and a classic throwback to a position that is transitioning evermore to space backs, receiving ability, and the subsequent mismatches running backs present in the passing game.

PSU's offense is nearly all shotgun and spread based, while LSU's attack is still stuck in the 1980s with an overwhelming amount of blocking disadvantage placed on the running backs plate due to the archaic scheme. That was no matter for Derrius Guice. Hilariously, Guice led the class in 12- and 21-personnel usage, faced a stacked box on 67% of his runs out of those two packages, and still led the entire crop in Yards Created per attempt from 12- and 21-personnel (6.13).

https://www.fantasyguru.com/articles/yards-created-2018-stacked-boxes

Hey guys. LSU fan here and I love Guice. He has admitted on his twitch channel before about playing games instead of going out. He is way better off. Here is something else that happened to show his character. He is great to kids and his fans.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/ncaa-football-lsu-rb-derrius-guice-10-year-old-girl-visit-signed-football/glhabl6iu6xp1e9qp88hvbwzc

5 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

Hey guys. LSU fan here and I love Guice. He has admitted on his twitch channel before about playing games instead of going out. He is way better off. Here is something else that happened to show his character. He is great to kids and his fans.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/ncaa-football-lsu-rb-derrius-guice-10-year-old-girl-visit-signed-football/glhabl6iu6xp1e9qp88hvbwzc

Yep, nice find. All I could do is roll my eyes as the character assassinations flew out. I gripped the armchair as pick 44... and then 58.. rolled on through. Got on my feet with vocal (drunken) exuberance when the pick was announced. I was going to watch all the games anyway, but the addition of Guice just ensures it all the more. :) 

On 4/30/2018 at 12:41 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

If Guice wants to do nothing but play football and video games he's basically 90% of the male population between 16 and 25.

I’m 32 and still would rather play Xbox than go out. It’s been that way for awhile now too. He seems like a good kid. 

Archived