2018 Ravens 3rd Round Pick (#83) - Orlando Brown Jr, OT, Oklahoma

drd23

2 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

It's sub-starter money for OL. There's value in his ability to play four of the positions on the line and familiarity with the team.

Also, you're acting like you're shocked that we drafted an OL.  This is something we were all expecting/hoping for.  Am I misunderstanding?  

Yes :) I'm just wondering why we chose to extend Hurst if the plan all along was to draft an OT to play at RT.

Just now, Darth Pees said:

Yes :) I'm just wondering why we chose to extend Hurst if the plan all along was to draft an OT to play at RT.

I always viewed him as the starter at LG. Figured Lewis just kind of lost his grip on the spot.

Just now, Darth Pees said:

Because you need depth. Hurst will definitely play significant snaps. There a very small chance that you get 5 OL who last the season. It's rare, with 2017 Falcons being one of the outliers.

4 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Just seems like an odd time to bring it up.

I feel like everyone knew/hoped the plan was to bring in a RT/OT at a premium pick (day 1 or 2).

Having 6 or 7 guys for 5 spots is where we need to be if the last several years are any indication.

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Because you need depth. Hurst will definitely play significant snaps. There a very small chance that you get 5 OL who last the season. It's rare, with 2017 Falcons being one of the outliers.

There was some promotion from the bench with McKinney, but similar concept with our 2012 SB run.

10 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Because there was no guarantee the board would fall the way necessary to draft a RT maybe?

I like it. Brown is always going to have some issues going against top-end athletes... but most OTs do. What Orlando does, he does very well. And I think he fits what D'Alessandris/Roman like up front. And remember, D'Alessandris worked with D.J. Fluker in San Diego and got something out of him. 

Regardless, this is the type of offensive lineman I like to see the team go with. Effective. Definitely not pretty, but it works. 

Really like this pick. When he gets locked onto a defender they don’t get off. Crosby and Brown were the two best run blocking OTs in this draft class IMO and so this will really help out our run game.

Brown might struggle against speed rushers, but having drafted two talent tight ends with excellent hands we will likely force defenders to have to chip our tight ends before rushing upfield buying Brown more time to get set in his stance and dominate.

Archived