2018 Ravens 3rd Round Pick (#83) - Orlando Brown Jr, OT, Oklahoma

drd23

13 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Man he looks like a beast in that picture. Would not want to run into him in a dark alley. Or a lit one. I think I’ll just avoid alleys all together now.?

He sort of reminds me of a puppy with large paws.  He doesn't look like he's fully grown into his body/frame, but you can tell he is going to be an absolute unit.

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

If only they had this guy review Jackson’s collegiate tape too as opposed to the guy who has clearly never watched Jackson in college that they got to write an article on Jackson as our worst pick.

I’m now annoyed that this film study led me to clicking on more than I should have.?‍♀️

16 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

If only they had this guy review Jackson’s collegiate tape too as opposed to the guy who has clearly never watched Jackson in college that they got to write an article on Jackson as our worst pick.

I’m now annoyed that this film study led me to clicking on more than I should have.?‍♀️

Yea I know the article you're talking about. It's whatever, just someone trying to drive clicks or "be the different one". Ken or as he goes by "Film Study" has earned the right to have his opinion taken seriously, that other guy hasn't. It's just like all the people picking us to be last in the division or bottom of the league, even though the only positional group we haven't inarguable gotten stronger at is Center.

17 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

17 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Yea I know the article you're talking about. It's whatever, just someone trying to drive clicks or "be the different one". Ken or as he goes by "Film Study" has earned the right to have his opinion taken seriously, that other guy hasn't. It's just like all the people picking us to be last in the division or bottom of the league, even though the only positional group we haven't inarguable gotten stronger at is Center.

Yea. That was bad. Very bad. 

“Jackson had been described as electric. This other player who didn’t have a good career was also described as electric. Ergo Jackson will be a bust.”

• 2 weeks later...

I'm already seeing a frequent "Bold Prediction" from the fandom that is horrifyingly unbold. "Orlando Brown Jr. will be a starter", really? Really Mr. Bold Predictor? The Right Tackle we drafted in the 3rd round will start at Right Tackle? Tell us more oh mystic ones. 

21 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I'm already seeing a frequent "Bold Prediction" from the fandom that is horrifyingly unbold. "Orlando Brown Jr. will be a starter", really? Really Mr. Bold Predictor? The Right Tackle we drafted in the 3rd round will start at Right Tackle? Tell us more oh mystic ones. 

Yeah, I mean just off of his length he’s going to be difficult to get around. His arms aren’t as freakish as Osemele, but his foot quickness is similarly fast and he has longer legs to get more depth in his kick slide, making him more effective on the outside as a pass rusher.

Hes not as dominant as KO as a run blocker when he “got going”, but Zeus plays more consistently angry. If he doesn’t start the season as the starter, there’s no way I don’t see him starting by week 4 and on. But I just can’t see him not looking more impressive at RT than any of the other options. There’s no way that I believe James Hurst or Alex Lewis beat him out there. There best bets are to start elsewhere.

For what it is worth, along with being an experienced backup at several positions, I believe Hurst could actually be a valuable piece this year as an extra offensive lineman who can both be used in jumbo packages as well as a pulling lineman. Zeus should get a chance to start as he is quite pro ready

10 hours ago, Danand said:

For what it is worth, along with being an experienced backup at several positions, I believe Hurst could actually be a valuable piece this year as an extra offensive lineman who can both be used in jumbo packages as well as a pulling lineman. Zeus should get a chance to start as he is quite pro ready

Hurst should start at LG. No offense to Alex Lewis, but he shouldn’t be handed anything. He hasn’t proven that he’s any better at LG than Hurst is there. He’s also not signed to the same number of years so we have better long term consistency along the OL with Hurst as a starter. The only way I’m allowing Lewis to start is if he flat out separates himself from someone else. And I think his best chance at doing that could be at center, but Hurst is too durable and consistent to not see the field as a starter, considering his competition.

14 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Hurst should start at LG. No offense to Alex Lewis, but he shouldn’t be handed anything. He hasn’t proven that he’s any better at LG than Hurst is there. He’s also not signed to the same number of years so we have better long term consistency along the OL with Hurst as a starter. The only way I’m allowing Lewis to start is if he flat out separates himself from someone else. And I think his best chance at doing that could be at center, but Hurst is too durable and consistent to not see the field as a starter, considering his competition.

As long as Hurst gets to pull. It seems the offense finally got rolling when they figured out that Hurst does a really good job at that specific task.

Archived