3rd Round Pick (88th Overall): Oren Burks [LB; Vanderbilt]

CWood21

Just now, SSG said:

This is a head scratcher.  Not sure this improves our defense even slightly.  I guess pass rush isn't all that important anymore.

We're just gonna keep Wilkerson, Clark and Daniels on the field every play and blitz LB/S hybrids all game long. 

Just now, blankman0021 said:

Ridiculous athlete. Comps athletically include Von Miller, Boss Bailey, Cam Wake, DeMeco Ryans. 

21es4gg.png

Von Miller was my first thought. This guy is that kind of athlete. A little undersized to be an edge rusher though. Definitely more of a ILB that flies around the field. Maybe a Ryan Shazier type.

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

This is a head scratcher.  Not sure this improves our defense even slightly.  I guess pass rush isn't all that important anymore.

The guy is a tremendous athlete. Just have to find a way to use him.

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

We're just gonna keep Wilkerson, Clark and Daniels on the field every play and blitz LB/S hybrids all game long. 

Awesome, another coordinator that has to bring the entire house to get even a little bit of pressure.  Rinse and repeat hoping for a different outcome with virtually the same players we had last year who couldn't dream of pressure on the QB much less provide it.  

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Still plenty of EDGE talent on the board. Not a lot of guys around like Burks. 

Part of me wonders if they view him as an EDGE.  A little lighter than you'd like but that kind of athlete...

Been aching for an athletic ILB for years now, this is it. I really liked him, had us to slotted to take him in the 5th & makes me feel even better about it after they traded up in the 3rd to get him. Brandon Chillar, upgraded Joe Thomas, Mike Pettine has to be thrilled, he has SO MUCH to work with. Sheesh I can't wait.

1 minute ago, strat1080 said:

Von Miller was my first thought. This guy is that kind of athlete. A little undersized to be an edge rusher though. Definitely more of a ILB that flies around the field. Maybe a Ryan Shazier type.

Would need to put on 15lbs to be an OLB. Probably starts as a dime linebacker. Just pure athlete. Interesting pick.

Archived