3rd Round Pick (88th Overall): Oren Burks [LB; Vanderbilt]

CWood21

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Part of me wonders if they view him as an EDGE.  A little lighter than you'd like but that kind of athlete...

Could see it. Could also see us grabbing a try hard EDGE like Holland, Ejiofor or Fitts later. 

3 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

The guy is a tremendous athlete. Just have to find a way to use him.

Looks more like a big safety than guy who's going to be able to hold up as an ILB in the NFL.  

Great all around athlete, around the ball a lot and his intangibles are great, too... There's some thinking the Packers wanted to jump in front of the Rams, who were looking at him.

The D is becoming very athletic.

Freak athlete at ILB finally! Martinez is a liability in coverage so pairing him with Burks gives them a nice duo up the middle. Needed to upgrade at ILB next to Blake. Jake Ryan settles in as a solid backup

Defense is starting to take shape. DL is their strength on paper, ILB looks settled, and they've added serious talent to the CB group. Next up is finding EDGE depth

The more I read about Burks, the more I like him. He seems like an insane athlete and a high character guy.

I'm definitely worried about our rush next year. We need a combination of Wilk returning to 2015 form, Biegel/Adams breaking out, and Clay/Perry staying healthy all year or it could be ugly.

Archived