Round 3, Pick 82- S Tracy Walker

Louis Friend

Haven't watched him but he tested well. Wouldn't have guessed they wanted to go safety. They must be planning to primarily use Diggs in more of a slot corner role. Walker develops as the replacement for Glover Quin while Wilson, Killebrew, and Diggs rotate at the other safety spot.

11 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Haven't watched him but he tested well. Wouldn't have guessed they wanted to go safety. They must be planning to primarily use Diggs in more of a slot corner role. Walker develops as the replacement for Glover Quin while Wilson, Killebrew, and Diggs rotate at the other safety spot.

I had a feeling that they might go with a safety, I just thought that the other pick would be on the d-line. Apparently Patricia really likes to use three safeties on the field sometimes, and even if not it makes sense to have someone as Glover gets older. 

I don't know enough about this guy to say whether or not it was a good pick. I did see that a few people had him in their Top 100, so it probably wasn't a huge reach, but others had him as a fourth or fifth round guy. 

This guy goes way under the radar, time will tell coming from a smaller school any time u add talent in back end of your defense its a upgrade.

I don't mind them wasting a 3rd round pick on DB they really addressed the trenches this year with C/G in the 1st & RT/LT in the 5th & DE in the 4th.  Over all give them B- grade.

6 hours ago, LION KING said:

This guy goes way under the radar, time will tell coming from a smaller school any time u add talent in back end of your defense its a upgrade.

I don't mind them wasting a 3rd round pick on DB they really addressed the trenches this year with C/G in the 1st & RT/LT in the 5th & DE in the 4th.  Over all give them B- grade.

I would agree if you were to just look at the draft without also including what the goal of this draft seems to be.

If the goal was to improve the running game with proven players while adding a couple versatile pieces to the defensive puzzle, I would say say B plus.

To impact the run game we added; 2 OL, RB, and FB.

Defense; 3/5 gap DL, and a Safety who seems to be able to do many things including covering slot receivers.

I am liking this draft more and more.

I could care less about the 3rd rounder we gave up. We can simply move back in round 1 or round 2 next year and re coup it. Not to mention we have like 8 picks next year I thin as is.

10 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Panthers were targeting him with the 85th pick. He may be viewed as a "reach" but at least one other team liked him in that range

I also read that. In fact, I heard Adam Schefter saying that we basically took all of our players just before other teams were going to take them.

I like reading things like that :) 

17 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Panthers were targeting him with the 85th pick. He may be viewed as a "reach" but at least one other team liked him in that range

I think this is such bs.. how do they know what other teams are thinking... a lot of players got picked before others can pick them...

Sounds like some bs to justify the pick.. hearing this dumb **** makes me hate a pick more.. oh so your heard someone likes walker so take him two rds earlier than he should go hey guys that's a bad thing...if we lose walker is it really that big of deal wtf... then bc the fuc king patriots like ragnow we can't trade down this is sick and all these picks should be judged to the highest.  I can't stand hearing this bs to justify a draft sounds fake and you have no plan b

Archived