Jump to content
Louis Friend

Round 3, Pick 82- S Tracy Walker

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

I think this is such bs.. how do they know what other teams are thinking... a lot of players got picked before others can pick them...

Sounds like some bs to justify the pick.. hearing this dumb **** makes me hate a pick more.. oh so your heard someone likes walker so take him two rds earlier than he should go hey guys that's a bad thing...if we lose walker is it really that big of deal wtf... then bc the fuc king patriots like ragnow we can't trade down this is sick and all these picks should be judged to the highest.  I can't stand hearing this bs to justify a draft sounds fake and you have no plan b

You're gettin a little worked up about this brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just goes to show, we should be talking about draft picks based on something other than our perceived value at the position they're picked at, because face it, we have no damn idea and it's pretentious as hell to talk like we do. Even guys like Schefter have no real idea but at least they get paid for their dumb opinions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Just goes to show, we should be talking about draft picks based on something other than our perceived value at the position they're picked at, because face it, we have no damn idea and it's pretentious as hell to talk like we do. Even guys like Schefter have no real idea but at least they get paid for their dumb opinions

Basically it boils down to: none of us know anything. These guys do months of scouting, film study, etc. They have inside knowledge on the schemes and philosophies that the coaches want to run. They obviously valued the guy and apparently other teams (Panthers) had their eye on him shortly afterwards. It could be true or it could be total BS.

We'll see what happens with Walker and the rest of the picks. The timer has started - we'll come back in 3 years and see if he's on his way to the HOF or if he's a total bust and the anger is justified for the pick.

The team had a game plan to improve the run game and they hit on several pieces to do it. Our lack of rushing game cost us at least 2 wins last year. If everything stays the same and we don't improve/decline from last year in any other area, we are a playoff team. Obviously that's not how things work but I understand the direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rockcity2 said:

I think this is such bs.. how do they know what other teams are thinking... a lot of players got picked before others can pick them...

Sounds like some bs to justify the pick.. hearing this dumb **** makes me hate a pick more.. oh so your heard someone likes walker so take him two rds earlier than he should go hey guys that's a bad thing...if we lose walker is it really that big of deal wtf... then bc the fuc king patriots like ragnow we can't trade down this is sick and all these picks should be judged to the highest.  I can't stand hearing this bs to justify a draft sounds fake and you have no plan b

Relax. Adam Schefter reported it, he doesn't report anything if it isn't true. It isn't "bs", it's real.

Nobody is saying that or using that to justify the pick, it's simply to provide context as to why the Lions wanted to draft him they did. He was a reach compared to how the media viewed him but he was not a reach based on how the NFL viewed him. They didn't draft him because someone else liked him, they drafted him because they liked him. That's important to understand (and not hard to understand). They actually tried to trade up to get Tracy Walker, he was higher on their board than where they selected him and they thought he was going to be drafted in front of them.

 

Also, they didn't trade down because the Bengals would have taken Ragnow, not the Patriots. The Patriots had Ragnow ranked above Wynn, but the Bengals would have drafted him before they had the chance. If they had traded down they would have likely ended up with Billy Price and would have been able to save the 3rd they traded to get Da'Shawn Hand. So really you're getting mad about losing a 3rd next year and the difference between Frank Ragnow and Billy Price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Relax. Adam Schefter reported it, he doesn't report anything if it isn't true. It isn't "bs", it's real.

Nobody is saying that or using that to justify the pick, it's simply to provide context as to why the Lions wanted to draft him they did. He was a reach compared to how the media viewed him but he was not a reach based on how the NFL viewed him. They didn't draft him because someone else liked him, they drafted him because they liked him. That's important to understand (and not hard to understand). They actually tried to trade up to get Tracy Walker, he was higher on their board than where they selected him and they thought he was going to be drafted in front of them.

 

Also, they didn't trade down because the Bengals would have taken Ragnow, not the Patriots. The Patriots had Ragnow ranked above Wynn, but the Bengals would have drafted him before they had the chance. If they had traded down they would have likely ended up with Billy Price and would have been able to save the 3rd they traded to get Da'Shawn Hand. So really you're getting mad about losing a 3rd next year and the difference between Frank Ragnow and Billy Price. 

Did the Bengals say that's the case? How the hell do you know the pats didn't set themselves up for wynn?? Do they really need ragnow.. you know nothing.. What were the trade down options that he said we had huh that's news  not about who the pats like. Who was the better prospect in your eyes ragnow or wynn??

I don't mind taking a shot at walker it's the reasoning behind it. Our needs were much greater.. did we seriously only add one new defensive starter to this D this os to be drafting guys like this tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Did the Bengals say that's the case? How the hell do you know the pats didn't set themselves up for wynn?? Do they really need ragnow.. you know nothing.. What were the trade down options that he said we had huh that's news  not about who the pats like. Who was the better prospect in your eyes ragnow or wynn??

I don't mind taking a shot at walker it's the reasoning behind it. Our needs were much greater.. did we seriously only add one new defensive starter to this D this os to be drafting guys like this tho

lol Bengals and Patriots reporters both said that their teams wanted Ragnow. "You know nothing" feels like some pretty strong projection on your part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

lol Bengals and Patriots reporters both said that their teams wanted Ragnow. "You know nothing" feels like some pretty strong projection on your part

Who was the better prospect in your opinion? 

Teams can say these type things to get the players they want no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked both. I like Wynn as a left tackle and left guard. I like Ragnow as a center and right guard. They were similar players in my mind, Wynn is probably a little safer, Ragnow has more upside and can be a better player if he can improve his hip mobility 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Wynn and Hernandez, but coming into draft week, knowing Ragnow was rising, I looked into him more and I'd say the three were pretty equal for me by draft time. Wynn is the quality name from the quality program, Hernandez is the tough guy, and Ragnow is the guy most respected by the metrics people like PFF.

We should really be discussing this in the other thread though. I don't know anything at all about Tracy Walker and I'd like to learn more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

I liked both. I like Wynn as a left tackle and left guard. I like Ragnow as a center and right guard. They were similar players in my mind, Wynn is probably a little safer, Ragnow has more upside and can be a better player if he can improve his hip mobility 

Wynn imo can play anywhere along the line 

I like the ragnow pick but when you say you had multiple trade down options and bc the pats liked him means we shouldn't trade down the pick doesn't look so good if we could of got say a next yr 1st...we probably won't get to hear about that tho..or was it simply ragnow or nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rockcity2 said:

Wynn imo can play anywhere along the line 

I like the ragnow pick but when you say you had multiple trade down options and bc the pats liked him means we shouldn't trade down the pick doesn't look so good if we could of got say a next yr 1st...we probably won't get to hear about that tho..or was it simply ragnow or nothing.

I don’t think it’s anything sinister. They simply didn’t get offered enough for the pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

I don’t think it’s anything sinister. They simply didn’t get offered enough for the pick. 

Or they overvalued ragnow.. I want answers lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I liked Wynn and Hernandez, but coming into draft week, knowing Ragnow was rising, I looked into him more and I'd say the three were pretty equal for me by draft time. Wynn is the quality name from the quality program, Hernandez is the tough guy, and Ragnow is the guy most respected by the metrics people like PFF.

We should really be discussing this in the other thread though. I don't know anything at all about Tracy Walker and I'd like to learn more

And why was he such a late riser?? Bc the patriots troll..everything the flippn patriots say is gold.. y'all can believe this Adam *** kisser all up in crafts *** all you want ...the patriots are trolling you and the nfl..

But ya please explain why he was a late riser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

And why was he such a late riser?? Bc the patriots troll..everything the flippn patriots say is gold.. y'all can believe this Adam *** kisser all up in crafts *** all you want ...the patriots are trolling you and the nfl..

But ya please explain why he was a late riser

Man you're silly

So we're supposed to believe that anything we hear about other teams wanting our picks is crap, not worth a damn, but we're supposed to take your word for it that the Patriots are some kind of genius mastermind manipulators and no other teams have scouts or can form their own opinions. foh with that crap

Btw "the Patriots" didn't start in the SEC for three years with Arkansas level talent around them and not give up a sack.

Edited by Superduperman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of us who actually want to learn about our newest DB (and cousin to current Pro Bowl CB), I found a Youtube video that might be of interest. Quinn also referenced the Texas A&M game as one of his references for evaluating him.

You can now go back to debating the Ragnow pick in the wrong thread.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×