Round 3, Pick 82- S Tracy Walker

Louis Friend

1 hour ago, Rockcity2 said:

So your telling me the media can't see a top prospect at a postion.. but you and I can..come on now. This just feeds into what I'm talking about... did the pats let the media know he was a first rd guy...come on now

Ragnow was a first round guy for a while. Some had him listed as a 1st -2nd rounder but it was no surprise he was drafted in the first. More often than not your media scouts will list guys as 1st/2nd rounder, 3/4 rounder etc etc because they base it on what they think. Then they start hearing from scouts about how a guy is higher or lower on their board and they start adjusting. 

It has nothing to do with the Patriots specifically. They get thoughts from different scouts out there and adjust

3 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Ragnow was a first round guy for a while. Some had him listed as a 1st -2nd rounder but it was no surprise he was drafted in the first. More often than not your media scouts will list guys as 1st/2nd rounder, 3/4 rounder etc etc because they base it on what they think. Then they start hearing from scouts about how a guy is higher or lower on their board and they start adjusting. 

It has nothing to do with the Patriots specifically. They get thoughts from different scouts out there and adjust

Oh I get it...

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

That's what they're expecting him to be. I wasn't in the war room with them so I have no idea if it was 100% Ragnow. There's a video from the war room where they are breathing a sigh of relief because the Packers passed over him. This is a video from PFF on Ragnow. They clearly are high on him and rank him the best OC prospect they've ever scouted. Take it for what it's worth but I'm not going to complain about getting the "best ever" at a position of need.

Not really complaining about ragnow.. he shouldn't have mentioned anything about multiple trade down options.. is ragnow worth a first next year Iyo? 

I just read an article talking they been basically all over ragow for the past two years..so to me it does seem it was ragnow or bust pretty much. Which is fine but was it really worth not trading down..let us judge that..who is judging that...martha...

I like the pick but to not know the whole story rubs me wrong.. 

2 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

Not really complaining about ragnow.. he shouldn't have mentioned anything about multiple trade down options.. is ragnow worth a first next year Iyo? 

I just read an article talking they been basically all over ragow for the past two years..so to me it does seem it was ragnow or bust pretty much. Which is fine but was it really worth not trading down..let us judge that..who is judging that...martha...

I like the pick but to not know the whole story rubs me wrong.. 

None of us will ever know the whole story. Teams don't give that kind of information away. They had offers on the table and they opted to take the guy they wanted in Ragnow. Same with Walker (since this is actually Walkers thread). Quinn said that he had 5-6 guys in mind a little while ago before the draft. Again - they have their board lined up and Ragnow must have been hands down the top guy still available for them when pick 20 rolled around.

If Stafford doesn't get sacked a million times, we improve our run game to at least 20th in the league with Ragnow as a PB Center.. I'm ok not getting another 1st next year. We'll see how this pick looks in 3 years but it is pointing in the right direction for me now that it has been made. If his production matches his grade, then we were lucky to get a stud and plug him in there for 10 years.

Archived