49ers Select Tarvarius Moore, S, Southern Miss #95 Overall

y2lamanaki

Like I mentioned a few minutes ago, we have been going with plus athletes at their position.

And Moore definitely fits that. I haven't seen much of him, but I know the PFF guys like him quite a bit. Steve was talking about him in one of his podcasts. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Like I mentioned a few minutes ago, we have been going with plus athletes at their position.

And Moore definitely fits that. I haven't seen much of him, but I know the PFF guys like him quite a bit. Steve was talking about him in one of his podcasts. 

yeah they ranked him 54 on there bigboard

Raw, but damn he's got some elite traits. Actually didn't expect him to go this high after not going to the combine, but the traits are worth the pick and his tape actually isn't bad. Fine pick...not the secondary pick I thought we'd make, but no issues with it. 

Just now, Forge said:

Raw, but damn he's got some elite traits. Actually didn't expect him to go this high after not going to the combine, but the traits are worth the pick and his tape actually isn't bad. Fine pick...not the secondary pick I thought we'd make, but no issues with it. 

So he competes for the FS spot with Colbert and we play Ward at corner? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Debatable...see my preceding post...he could play the single high, and it would make a lot of sense, but I wouldn't be at all shocked if we play him at corner either. We need to choose his path early and keep him on it 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He was one of my sleepers but at CB. I just think he's a CB at this level. Sure he probably could add weight and develop@FS but he's not a guy that can play in and around the box and I think any good FS has to he able and come downhill, in the box and make tackles on guys like Fournette, David Johnson, Gurley, etc. And thats one area I think he really struggles. He's a ankle grabber, not a sound tackler. But I think if you stick him outside and let him develop under Sherman for a year or two and you could have a physical presence@CB for years to come. Physically, he could play CB right now and be fine.

You guys got the steal of the draft. Moore has been my guy throughout the process. Not only is he a freak athlete but the most impressive aspect of his game is how fluid and smooth he is. COD skills are nuts. Single high FS or CB it doesn't matter. Elite upside.

Really wanted him on the Falcons!  

Archived