Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
y2lamanaki

49ers Select Tarvarius Moore, S, Southern Miss #95 Overall

Recommended Posts

Like I mentioned a few minutes ago, we have been going with plus athletes at their position.

And Moore definitely fits that. I haven't seen much of him, but I know the PFF guys like him quite a bit. Steve was talking about him in one of his podcasts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Like I mentioned a few minutes ago, we have been going with plus athletes at their position.

And Moore definitely fits that. I haven't seen much of him, but I know the PFF guys like him quite a bit. Steve was talking about him in one of his podcasts. 

yeah they ranked him 54 on there bigboard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raw, but damn he's got some elite traits. Actually didn't expect him to go this high after not going to the combine, but the traits are worth the pick and his tape actually isn't bad. Fine pick...not the secondary pick I thought we'd make, but no issues with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Forge said:

Raw, but damn he's got some elite traits. Actually didn't expect him to go this high after not going to the combine, but the traits are worth the pick and his tape actually isn't bad. Fine pick...not the secondary pick I thought we'd make, but no issues with it. 

So he competes for the FS spot with Colbert and we play Ward at corner? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is we try him outside at corner. He's raw but has the traits for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one thing we need to do is establish where we want to play him. that's huge. Don't mess the kid around on his growth. Pick safety, pick corner, and stick with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

So he competes for the FS spot with Colbert and we play Ward at corner? 

Debatable...see my preceding post...he could play the single high, and it would make a lot of sense, but I wouldn't be at all shocked if we play him at corner either. We need to choose his path early and keep him on it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So he competes for the FS spot with Colbert and we play Ward at corner? 

He was one of my sleepers but at CB. I just think he's a CB at this level. Sure he probably could add weight and develop@FS but he's not a guy that can play in and around the box and I think any good FS has to he able and come downhill, in the box and make tackles on guys like Fournette, David Johnson, Gurley, etc. And thats one area I think he really struggles. He's a ankle grabber, not a sound tackler. But I think if you stick him outside and let him develop under Sherman for a year or two and you could have a physical presence@CB for years to come. Physically, he could play CB right now and be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another versatile draftee. Try him at both spots in offseason and see where he fits better. But I like that he has shown good range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys got the steal of the draft. Moore has been my guy throughout the process. Not only is he a freak athlete but the most impressive aspect of his game is how fluid and smooth he is. COD skills are nuts. Single high FS or CB it doesn't matter. Elite upside.

Really wanted him on the Falcons!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×