49ers Select Tarvarius Moore, S, Southern Miss #95 Overall

y2lamanaki

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Another versatile draftee. Try him at both spots in offseason and see where he fits better. But I like that he has shown good range. 

I'm starting to think we overvalue speed and versatility. 

A jack of all trades is a master of none, but often times better than a master of one

I mean honestly, he's built like a CB. That's the first thing I said when I watched his tape. He's a CB, playing safety. Love that Lynch and Co feel the same about him playing outside though. I understand he wants to play FS but I really believe he could be a difference maker@CB. He's a bigger version of Rahard Robinson physically and athletically.

2 minutes ago, jarren said:

You guys got the steal of the draft. Moore has been my guy throughout the process. Not only is he a freak athlete but the most impressive aspect of his game is how fluid and smooth he is. COD skills are nuts. Single high FS or CB it doesn't matter. Elite upside.

Really wanted him on the Falcons!  

Well you guys got THE BEST CB in the entire draft imo so don't be too bummed. Oliver is gonna be a stud from Day 1.

30 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Well you guys got THE BEST CB in the entire draft imo so don't be too bummed. Oliver is gonna be a stud from Day 1.

Shocked he fell to us in the 2nd. He was on my short list at 26 lol. 

Will be fun to see how these guys pan out!

Best prospect not invited to the combine.  As Jarren said, I love his athleticism.  Needs to work on being more physical at the point of attack.  Man coverage needs some work.  Lets guys get into his chest causing him to falter.  Could also use some more film study to stop biting hard on the playactions.

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

He was one of my sleepers but at CB. I just think he's a CB at this level. Sure he probably could add weight and develop@FS but he's not a guy that can play in and around the box and I think any good FS has to he able and come downhill, in the box and make tackles on guys like Fournette, David Johnson, Gurley, etc. And thats one area I think he really struggles. He's a ankle grabber, not a sound tackler. But I think if you stick him outside and let him develop under Sherman for a year or two and you could have a physical presence@CB for years to come. Physically, he could play CB right now and be fine.

He's not any smaller than Merton.

Archived